Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Charlotte's First Field Trip!

 Who takes four year olds on field trips?? Charlotte's school does and I got to go too! The pumpkin patch field trip was the only one I've never been on with this school.  I was so excited!
She was soooo excited too! First Bus Ride! Whoo hoo!

 I had just 3 girls in my group and they were all great gals.  I had to chase them down occasionally but they were all well-behaved.

One of my girls hid in this little tunnel for quite a while and I really had to coax her out of there.  It wasn't Charlotte. :)

I tried to keep them playing all together in the same spot so I could keep an eye on them.  This was one of those few times.

We tried to take a group picture with some of the kids. Charlotte took the opportunity to slide off the pumpkin which started the group sliding off the pumpkin and this was the best picture we got. :)

 This section of the pumpkin patch was just a giant group of massive pumpkins.  Nothing is more fun that climbing on giant pumpkins!

 Oh hey! Here's a better group picture!

 We went on a hay ride to pick out our pumpkins.
 Everyone got to pick one out. Even the parents!

Charlotte and I had such a super fun day.  Too bad it had to end kind of badly.  We all got on the bus at the end of the trip and we noticed one of the kids was missing.  Charlotte's teacher and one of the parents ran off the bus and scoured the pumpkin patch trying to find him.  They ran around looking for him for what seemed like an eternity. Charlotte's teacher was bawling. Finally one of the kindergarten moms from the back of the bus said, "Who are they looking for?" I told them the name.  She said, "Um, I think this is him right here."  The little boy had been put on the bus by his mom who was a chaperone.  She left but told one of the other moms from Charlotte's class that he was on the bus.  That mom forgot that she was told that and instead the teachers were running around like crazy people in the pumpkin patch.  YIKES OH YIKES. I didn't think Charlotte's teacher would ever recover.  The poor thing.  But he was safe and they learned to take different precautions and methods of keeping track of the kids so it wasn't all bad.
At least Charlotte and I had a wonderful day.  Happy First Field Trip, Charlee!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...