Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Spring Break 2017 Part 2

 So what is there to do in Fort Myers when the weather is beautiful?
Oh I don't know. Maybe hit the beach again?? YEP.  This time with shovels.

 Plus a boogie board and a grandpa that is willing to drag you around!

 This. Is. Sparta! Or something along those lines.

 She really knows how to pose.

 We walked to dinner and on the way, the kids discovered an awesome giraffe statue.  He is great at photobombing.

 In Times Square, we saw a street performer. You can't really tell but he is half way through sliding his body through a tennis racket.  He was quite funny.

 The kids loved checking out the pier.

We tried to get a family picture.  Instant classic.

In fact, all the pictures had great faces from the Tommeister.

 We cruised over the Nervous Nellie's.  Charlotte looks like she ate too much Mac n Cheese there. :-)

 We found some signs for the kids to stick their heads in.  Too funny.

 We really laughed at this one.

Then we found a penny horse.  Charlotte had to ride it. Tommy's tastes were a bit more expensive.  He chose to smash a penny in one of those molds that prints a design on it for 50 cents.  He was super excited about it.  Now I have to remember the safe place I put it in so we could bring it home.  ;-)

 The next day, we decided to head to Bonita to see Grandpa Al. I loved the guest parking signs. :-)

We had a nice visit with him.  The kids were perfectly behaved for the first 45 minutes of sitting and talking quietly without touching anything.  But that was their limit.  Then it was time to start losing it.  Tommy came over to me and very quietly and a little angrily said, "I'M BORED."  I knew it was time to go.  But it was really nice to visit.  He told us that he was selected for the Honor Flight program because he's a WWII veteran. He's going in May.  I'm sure that will be absolutely incredible.

 We came back to the house and Charlotte wanted to stay inside and watch movies.  She was adamant.  So Tommy and I went down to meet Grandma and Grandpa on the beach.  He trying to earn money for a expensive lego set he wants and I told him for every good sentence he writes properly, he can earn a dollar.  He wrote "I love Mama." in the sand.  Now I know the E is backward but how can I NOT count that?? Straight to the heart.  Smart kid. :)

We went shelling after that.  It was an awesome day for it.  

He had some awesome finds.  His favorite was a rock with fossilized shells in it.

 We felt we all deserved a drink after that day.

That night my parents watched the kids so Andrew and I could go out for a date night.  We had a really great time and watched a bunch of kids almost get arrested! Yikes!

Yep, gotta stay tuned for Part 3.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...