Monday, February 6, 2017

Valentine's Day Boxes

 We received notes from the school that the kids needed Valentine's boxes for their party on Valentine's Day. I made the mistake of getting on pinterest and the rest is history.
I let Charlotte pick and she wanted a princess castle box.  So I put these boxes together and...
...created this! I didn't have to buy a single thing.  I used a whole lot of hot glue though.  We have an abundance of princess stickers and that really put the icing on the cake, I think. :) Plus the gold "sprinkley" paper, according to Charlotte.

 It was then time to make something for Tommy.   I gave him the options between a dinosaur and a space shuttle.  Can you guess what he chose?
I had an old toner box from work that I thought would work perfectly.  I had to cut it in half and it was perfect.
 With another crap ton of hot glue, it really started coming together.  However, I didn't have anything white to cover it.  I looked at a couple different stores for bright white contact paper and didn't find any.  I decided to just buy plain ol' white card stock.
 Here's the finished product. I printed off NASA and American flag logos for the wings.

They both loved their Valentine's boxes. I felt awful that they really couldn't help since I was using a hot glue gun and an Xacto knife.  Not for kids, folks.  But they did help pick them out and they helped adorn the boxes with their stickers.  ANNDD I got mega hugs for it sooooo.... totes worth it. :) 


1 comment:

Shiela said...

Dang, girl! Those are awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...