Tuesday, January 31, 2017

What's Happening in School These Days?

 We haven't had a school update in awhile. Let's see what's happening during a typical school day...
Tommy and his best friend practiced following directions with legos.  This picture doesn't look posed or anything. ;-)

They had their 100th day of school.  They decorated hats to celebrate and counted to one hundred a few times with the 100 items they chose to bring in. Tommy brought in 100 candy legos.  We found them in the pantry from last year.  He ate one and said they were gross and they've been sitting there ever since. :-)

I got this picture that day and freaked out.  First of all, he can have the Meijer brand fudge stripe cookies.  I had just brought those in for his snacks for after school.  Also, I thought those little brown things were raisins.  So I figured he was super disappointed about his 100 snack and felt horrible.  I sent her a message but it was too late after hers.  But she did write me back said that those were actually chocolate chips.  PHEW.  I felt better after that.  Just a little.  He's been expressing frustration lately with not getting what the other kids get.  I feel awful for him. He's pretty resilient though and gets over it quickly.

 This is a picture from the after school program.  Once again, it's Tommy and his best friend, playing cars.  Too cute.

 On this day, they counted feathers and talked about penguins.

 When you learn to tie your shoe, you become an honorary shoe sheriff. Tommy has not become a shoe sheriff yet.  Only two in the class have.  I'm thinking we should maybe work on that someday?  ;-)

They were flashlight reading in this picture.  His teacher said it's something they love to do.  I think one kiddo fell asleep.  Just kidding! ;-) It's the little things though for little kids.  I'm sure they get really serious about it.

Tommy had Show and Tell last week.  He decided to bring in his Smithsonian Space book that he got for Christmas.  His teacher told me that he was going through the book explaining everything about space that he knows.  All the kids were asking questions.  His teacher said she admitted at one point, even she was raising her hand and asking Tommy questions.  Haha!!

Tommy loves Kindergarten and he loves learning.  I love hearing about his days and all the fun stories his teacher tells me about what kind of person he is becoming.  I'm so proud of him and everything he is doing.


So we've heard plenty about kindergarten.  Who's wondering about the 3's class?
 Here's a picture of the core crew.  I believe this was their New Year's noisemaker celebration.  Best buds! Love the smile, Charshe!

Here's the kiddos doing a little painting. I love this picture just for the sheer fact of Charlotte's hair looking so ridiculously cute.  I can't get over it.

This was a game where each kid had a color ball they had to race to pick up.  She said they did fantastic with this task.  Looks like Charlotte had green which she says is new favorite color besides pink.

I haven't gotten as many pictures of Charlotte but I have gotten lots of stories.  They send me something all the time telling me how funny she is or how crazy her stories are.  Here are a couple snippets.

"Hey teacher, my mommy was 10 years old when she was a baby!"

"Hey guys, when I have a piggy at my home, it blows my house down and then my dad builds it again."

Anatomy lesson with Charlotte, "My heart is inside my stomach!"

Charlotte had a phone during playtime and said, "This is Mom! I'm stuck in Canada!!"

"Hey teacher, I went underwater and I bit and ate and kicked the shark."

"Hey teacher, my mom and dad ate a stingray."

Besides all the funny stories, I can already tell that Charlotte will learn best through songs.  She is constantly singing. They learn a song for each letter to get used to the sound and learn more vocab for  each one.  She just LOVES those songs.  She also loves entertaining her friends.  She is a riot.  Anything she can do to make them laugh, she is on it! She also loves school and her best friends.  She makes sure to get a "huggie" from each friend before she leaves each day.  It's adorable.

These stories and pictures make it slightly easier to be away from them during the day.  It makes me so happy to see how much they love their friends and their school.  I miss them so much but I know they are having such a great time becoming the wonderful people they are.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...