Sunday, December 18, 2016

Tommy's Many 6th Birthday Parties

 Tommy was excited for weeks about ALL his birthday parties.  He knew he would have one at school.  He would also have one with his family and another one with his friends.  He basically thinks his birthday is a week long. :)

For his school party, he didn't want cookies or cupcakes as his treat.  I looked on pinterest and found something he got really excited about: Treat Robots! He thought these were super cool and it involved me purchasing a hot glue gun so now I was excited. ;)

 The kids loved their treat robots at school! Their teacher always talks about how they shouldn't have too much sugar and she really likes to give them slightly healthier snacks.  So these were pretty perfect.

 As a birthday treat, she has the kids make birthday cards for the birthday kid.  The one on the top left is from his best friend Bode.  Can you tell what he drew for him? (Psst... it's Captain America.  I love it!) But what a neat idea.  I love what each kid contributed.

 The morning of his family party, Andrew went to the store for me and got party supplies.  I was NOT prepared for this party at all.  As I was making his cake, I realized I didn't have anything to really decorate it with besides a candle.   So I got creative.  I had some Christmas Oreos that I made into "volcanic rock." Then I mixed up some powdered sugar frosting with food coloring for the river.  We always have dino and shark dummies on hand so they were a perfect addition along with Tommy's mini dino toys.  (Tommy made sure to point out that the stegosauruses would definitely be in herds and to keep them together :).  It all came together PERFECTLY. How fun is this diorama dino-rama?

 I also made a cake with eggs as per usual. Both pretty delish!

Obligatory candle blowing out picture! Happy Birthday, Tommy T!

 Cousin picture!! A picture in a picture!

 After the party, Uncle Adam helped Tommy put together his marble run for the first time.  A little more difficult than I realized it was going to be but now that we have the hang of it, we are rocking it!


 On Sunday, Tommy had his super cool movie party! We planned to see Moana.  We decorated like it was a red carpet event.  Oscars, perhaps? :)  It was awkward in the room because it was so quiet but once the kids ate snacks and cake and starting playing, it was much better.

Here's a pic of all the kiddos.  His two besties, two of his other friends that are boys, and two friends that are girls. And Charlotte of course.  It was too cute.

 The kids were all keyed up on Gatorade.  I was really nervous about how this was going to go because the movie was nearly 2 hours! Yikes! But they did amazing! There was one kiddo that got pretty antsy but he didn't bother anyone too badly.  Maybe just Andrew and I.  Ha!

It turned out to be a super fun birthday party WEEK.  Happy Birthday to my wonderful kiddo.  I hope you enjoyed your birthday parties and felt super loved on your 6th birthday.  :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...