Saturday, October 29, 2016

Field Trip: Fire Prevention Show

I had the day off on a Monday when the kids were going to the fire prevention show so I was able to be a chaperone. 
 The kids have been going to the show for the past couple years.  State Farm sponsors the Fire Department to put it on.  They have a live band made up entirely of firefighters.  It's also acted and entirely put together by firefighters. 

 I'll be honest, the acting was not going to win Tony awards but the live band was pretty great! The information was awesome though.  The show is for kids who are pretty young.  Very basic fire safety information.  When to call 911, what to do if you smell smoke in your house, what to do when dealing with a bully, stop drop and roll... there were more but I took too long to blog about it so now I don't remember.  Oh, plan a meeting place with your family? Stuff like that.  I hope the kids remember better than I do. 

 After the show, the kids got to give high fives to the cast.  Could that head be any bigger on that guy??? One of Tommy's classmates was terrified.  Ha! I totally get it.

Another Tommy and Mommy selfie on the bus! I love going with the kids on these trips.  It fills my heart.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...