Friday, September 23, 2016

Tommy Visits the Dentist

 I had been avoiding taking Tommy to the dentist.  I didn't know if I should take him to a specialized pediatric dentist or find one that people recommended or just take him to my dentist.  I finally settled on giving my dentist a try.  He came with me to my last appointment so he could see what it was like but this time it was his turn. 
 I know Tommy has strong feelings about things and often gets scared in new situations so I told him before we went in that if he felt uncomfortable with anything, he needed to tell them.  First things first, they x-rayed his teeth. 

 Lucky him, they let him look at the pictures right away.  I never get to see my pictures! We got to see his adult teeth growing in under his baby teeth.  It shouldn't be too long before he experiences a wiggly tooth! (Did I mention I'm not ready for this?)

 He sat in the chair like a total big boy.  He saw the tray of tools and when she picked up the pointy tool, he loudly said, "I don't want that!!" The dental assistant said, "Hey no problem! I'll just count your teeth with the mirror tool." 
I love that they provide shades for the bright light.  I wish they did that for my appointments! The assistant counted Tommy's top teeth and she said she had counted 10 teeth.  Tommy said, "That means I have 20 teeth."  She seemed pretty impressed by that! I know I was!
He did really great.  The dentist came in and she somehow convinced him to let her use the pointy tool and she checked him over really quick and said things looked great!
First dental trip is a success! Now Charlotte is supposed to go with us next time.  I'll be ahead of the game with her! Here's to many years of dental health! Now if I could only convince them to brush their teeth morning and night without fussing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...