Thursday, September 8, 2016

First Kindergarten Field Trip

 Tommy's first field trip was to the Apple Orchard. 
 We hopped on the bus and off we went!
 First things first, we went on a wagon ride.  Everyone squeeze in for a selfie! We went by a soybean field and I asked the kids if they knew what that was.  They did not.  Come on, Tommy! He knew that at one time, I know it.  :)

They had a nice little session with some former first grade teachers that now work there.  They did great.  They learned about a lot about apples and we got to try four different types of apples.  Turns out, kids love sour apples.  Eww! :)
 After we did all that learnin', the kids were able to pick two Gala apples to take home. They did great!

We ate our sack lunches in the barn where you can get married.  I took a pic of the four boys in the class.

 I also took a picture of the girls but the lighting wasn't as good.  The preschoolers went on the trip too and it was so crazy to see how little they were compared to the kindergartners.  Crazy how much they grow in a year!

 The kids played one of their favorite new games called Apples Apples which has a song and is a lot like Hot Potato.  Very cool to see how well they sit and play and don't freak out when they are "out". 

 Oh I almost forgot the Wagon Ride Selfie.  Photobomb by his buddy Mason. :)

After we got back from our field trip, I brought Tommy to my office with me.  He was a little jealous that Charlotte got to come with me to the office when she was sick.  It was nice to give him a turn too. 

I took a comparison photo.  The picture on the left is from my first day in my new office after we moved back to Lafayette.  The picture on the right is FIVE years later.  Absolutely crazy how time FLIES.  My little guy is really growing up!

The day I brought Tommy also happened to be a day when I was doing my cultural project requirement for the office.  We made tissue paper marigolds for Dia De Los Muertos, ate empanadas, and drank non-alcoholic margaritas.  I taught them all that I had recently learned about the day of the dead which was inspired by the kids movie, "The Book of Life" which I highly suggest you watch. 

Anyway, it was a very special day for Tommy.  Pretty special day for me too because I got to spend the whole day with just Tommy T.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...