Monday, August 8, 2016

Pageant and Cruise Night 2016 annndddd Moving

I was asked if I wanted to be involved in the pageant again this year.  This time it was going to be from a different perspective.  This time, I was going to be on the radio! They usually have some guy from the radio read the advertisements but they need someone to talk about the dresses and suits.  So of course I agreed.  I just can't say no.  I know the usual routine but this year they threw in something new. 
 I didn't find out until I arrived that I would also be doing the Little Miss Pageant.  Yikes! More dresses to describe.  But it was fantastic.  The little girls were adorable and easy to talk about.  The big girls were harder.  I mean really, how would you describe the black dress on the right? Black dress with silver beading in stripes... down the... front?? Seriously, one of the hardest but most fun thing I've tried.  If they ever ask me to do it again, I would try to be much more prepared. I hadn't seen any of the dresses before they walked on the stage.  Phew! That was rough.  When I was struggling, I said things like "that dress is so interesting" and "paired with sensible black pumps".  Yikes.  But other than that, the timing and information was covered so I think it went pretty well.

 Check out the winning gift bag for the Little Miss part.  That's Charlotte's doll! Or at least a copy.

 Here are the contestants.  I'm pretty sure the girl in red is flipping me off.  HA!

 After the contest, I stayed at my parents' new house.  I was planning to help them move that weekend so they weren't fully prepared for me.  But don't worry, I hooked them up with some fabulous new curtains.

 The next day we did a lot of moving but then were able to celebrate Cruise Night that night.  The kids loved riding around in the convertible.

Charlotte's hair was getting in her face so she let me put her hair in a ponytail.  Look at that face! 

 Now look at her face when she sees her high pony for the first time!

 The kids got some really good sleep that night. 

 The next day I got up early and brought home some donuts for our big time moving day.  The day before was rough (according my FitBit and the 28 flights up the stairs) so I thought some donuts would help. :)

I didn't do as much moving that day but I tried to help how I could by connecting the Bluetooth Sound system.
 The kids enjoyed "moving".  :-)
Tommy would wear jammies 24/7 if we would let him.  I just love his Thor cape.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...