Sunday, August 21, 2016

Open Gym

 Ever since the Olympics started, and even before, Tommy has been obsessed with somersaults.  He started with having us count them as he would roll across the room.  Over and over.  So finally, I thought it might be good to take him to a place where he could do gymnastics.  I know he doesn't like to be told what to do so I figured the better choice would be to take him to a open gym session first. 
 Not only did Tommy LOVE it but so did Charlotte! Hanging bars in their USA clothes! Little Olympians.

 Charlotte likes the rings.  She kept facing the other way and I would tell her to turn around so I could see her face. 

 But instead she would turn around and say, "But this way you can see my butt!" What???

 Rope swinging? This place has everything! 

 Tommy wanted to help Charlotte do it too.

 Wheeee!!

 But Charlotte really loved immersing herself in the ball pit.

 After open gym, we headed to Meijer for stuff and we can't get out of there without riding the penny horse.

 Great smile, kiddo! :)

 Sorry for the Meijer sidenote, we came back to Open Gym the following Saturday. These kids can't get enough! Look at all that room for somersaults!!

More time on the rings!

Uneven bars too? Awesome!

This time we went with friends.  The Gorski boys are so cute.  They must have gotten a memo from each other on what to wear. :)  I hope we can go with them again soon.  I'm sure we'll be going back the next Saturday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...