Thursday, January 28, 2016

Quick Visit to the Children's Museum

Andrew lucked out with tickets to a Tool concert last Friday night in STL so the kids and I were home alone.  Not wanting to be stuck at home on a super cold day, I decided to pack the kids up and take them to the Children's Museum Saturday morning.  Annnddddd I really HAD to because you mention something to Tommy once, he will NOT forget it.  "We're still going to the Children's Museum, right? Right??"
 It was VERY cold that day.  I decided I didn't want to lug my coat around so I left it in the car and just walked really fast from the parking garage to the museum.  We made it to the elevator and took a breath.  Phew.  So cold.

 We walk into the main atrium and lo and behold-- a Star Wars display!!! Tommy was sooooo excited!  So was Charlotte, actually!

 ERMAGERD! DARTH MAUL!!

 We went to the Ninja Turtles exhibit for the first time.  We have been meaning to go since it opened in September.  It was really cool!


What's better than skateboarding!?!? Totally Tubular!

HIIIII-YAHHHH!!

The Pirates and Princesses Exhibit is not going to be open for another week.  Totally egregious, dude! (Oh wait, that's more Bill and Ted than Ninja Turtles, ha!)

I didn't get any pictures of us going down the Chocolate Slide but I think that was my favorite part. 

You can see what Charlotte's favorite part was. HORSIES!!!!!!

 In each picture....

Her smile gets consecutively BIGGER!! Boy does she love those horsies!!

We would have stayed longer and played more but Mama got a migraine out of NOWHERE and we had to go home.  It was rough. I haven't had a migraine since high school! What the heck??  I had a blind spot (medical term: aura, I think?) in my central vision and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to drive home. But I went outside once again without a coat and that helped a LOT. Cold usually does.  My blind spot went away (I still felt like crap) but I was able to drive home.  Phew! Ugh, kinda scary. 

I felt so bad for the kids because they were soooo good that day but we saw everything we wanted and they both got a little something from the gift shop before we left.  It was a great day! We'll have to go back before our membership is up at the end of February.  We can't miss Pirates and Princesses! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...