Sunday, January 3, 2016

Elf on the Dang Shelf

 I really hoped that I didn't have to do Elf on the Shelf this year.  But Tommy found his Elf on the Shelf book and acted like he should totally show up the next morning.  Aaahhhh!! There is so much to do during the month of December with Tommy's birthday and Christmas.  But I pulled myself together and dug him out of hiding.  I asked Tommy what he wanted to name him.  He said, "Johnny," very matter of fact-ly.  I have no idea where he had even heard that name before. Really threw me off guard.  Too funny.  But I'm glad he found the book.  I forgot about the magic of Christmas. The kids looked forward to finding Johnny every day.  We only forgot to move him once.  But that day he moved while they were at school.  Right into a bathtub (bowl) of bubbles (marshmallows).  We didn't take pictures of all the cute ideas we came up with (there weren't many).  But Johnny rode a dinosaur and hung from the ceiling fan.  He also fell off of the ceiling fan face first before the kids got home and the kids were very confused.  Duct tape was not strong enough I guess.  Anyway, Johnny got bandaged up and had a sling.
He also stayed in his spot since he had a ouchie on his arm. But he made sure to have some balloons for Tommy's birthday.  The kids were more concerned that he didn't move.  I'm like "HE HAS BALLOONS! Isn't that enough for you people?"  Haha!!


Uncle Adam forgot his glasses when he stayed at our house one weekend so we made sure to use his glasses as a prop one day. 

Also, Spiderman got in on the action and slung a web around him. 

Johnny also convinced the kids to bag up some toys that they don't play with anymore so they could donate them to kids who don't have toys.  They picked out two garbage bags full of toys for other kids.  So that was nice!
On the last day, Christmas Eve, Johnny showed up on the fireplace with a note that said he could be hugged today before he goes away until next year.  The kids really loved that.  Thanks, Pinterest, for that idea!
So whoever that evil genius is that created elf on the shelf and made millions of dollars, my kids thank you.  My To Do list doesn't thank you but they do.  Merry Christmas Johnny! Until next year! ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...