Sunday, December 13, 2015

I'm 34 Years Old and Today I Danced in a Recital

I can't believe I'm saying those words.  But it's true.  A friend of mine convinced me to take this adult hip hop class on Saturdays.  We used to cheer together and she knows I like to dance so I said sure.  She didn't, however, tell me that we were dancing to a Justin Bieber song.  She's pretty smart obviously.  Once I came to the first class I was stuck! :)

So I missed the first class since I was on vacation but I was able to make the rest of the classes.  There were only 5 classes in this winter session.  We learned an entire routine in a matter of 5 weeks.  Sheesh! It turned out pretty cute.


Andrew, Tommy, and Charlotte were up in the balcony of the gym.  So he had to wrangle the kiddos and try to record a dance through a basketball hoop.  It made for quite an entertaining video.  Plus he turned the camera away when I made a mistake and almost ran into someone.  Nice work, Drewf! Near the end of the video, you will see the kids and Matt Painter.  He was there.  I assume he has a daughter that takes classes there? I'm not sure.  But Andrew made sure to include him in the video too.  Ha!

I made sure to get a picture with him.  Some friends who had a daughter in the tiny tutu class took my picture.  They said, "What are YOU doing here?"  I said, "Uh, I'm performing!!" Haha! 




So I did it! I danced in a recital to Justin Bieber in my 30s.  If you would have told me that 10 years ago, I would have slapped you across the face.  HA!  I guess that makes me a Belieber! ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...