Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween 2014

So during the month of October, I didn't watch tv.  I wanted the make the kids costumes so something had to go.  It was tv.  I almost had Tommy convinced to be a ninja turtle so he could just use Adam's old costume but he changed his mind when he saw Sleeping Beauty.  He wanted to be the fire breathing dragon that Maleficent turns into at the end of the movie.  Grrrrrrreeeeaaaatttt.  So easy.  But I found a great tutorial on how to make dragon wings.  I did a lot of googling to get ideas and lo and behold, I had an extremely happy kiddo when I was finished.

 For Charlotte's costume, I decided she needed a hoodie-style costume too.  Why not be a unicorn? I found great tutorials for a unicorn costume. (My kids will never know a day when you couldn't find absolutely whatever you want to find on the internet.  I had to wait quite a few years in my life. :)
 She was also a happy camper.
 Our first event to try out these costumes was Boo at the Zoo! Tommy was so excited.

 Charlotte was also pretty excited.  Tommy wanted his mama to be a princess and dada to be a dog.  He had to settle for dada being dada and me being Minnie. :-) Parent fail.

 Charlotte got a lot of Awwwwwws!! Her outfit was quite the hit!

 Tommy enjoyed all (3) of the rides!

 Charlotte enjoyed watching. She would enjoy riding them I think.  She's afraid of nothing.

Look at that tail! Ridiculous amounts of cuteness.

 Tommy took Charlotte for a ride in the car (that doesn't go anywhere).

 We visited the pumpkin patch part of Boo at the Zoo.  Yes, that's Tommy's second sucker.

 This was actually the best picture they took.  Ha!

That weekend, we went to Svengoolie and Elvira's Halloween Party!!
 Shots shots shots shots-shots-shots!!!

 Elvira and Pretty Woman did the robot!

 Hockey Hank and Scuba Stella were there for the fun!

 Group pic!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Here's a quick throwback segue way back to the kiddos!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Andrew brought the kiddos to my office so they could trick or treat.  They were lots of fun for everyone to see after being all sugared up at school all day.  Whoosh.

 That night we actually went trick or treating.  It.  Was.  Terrible.  Weather-wise, that is.  The freezing rain, possibly snow, the freezing cold temps, and the long walks between each house made for an unpleasant experience.  But we hit up all the neighbors that we could.  Tommy was hilarious.

 Charlotte was actually content.  Lots of layers and blankets and she didn't give a care.  Look at how wet her stroller is.  Ugh.  Yuck.

 We got home in time to catch a few more trick or treaters.  I tried to get a picture of the kids in their costumes... together...  It did not fly.

 I really tried.  But they had had it.  They needed to go to sleep, STAT.

 Just no go.  Dang it. :(  But at least they had a really great Halloween.  Plus they were super cute!


I took off her costume and made her sleep in her last layer of clothing for bed.  She and Minnie and their tushes were too cute not to capture at the end of the night.

Happy Halloween everyone!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...