Tuesday, December 10, 2013

TOMMY TURNS 3!!!

 Tommy's birthday party was on Sunday.  We decided to have a Monster Party for the 3 year old big boy. 
 The decor was just a crap ton of monsters, of course.  We didn't get to see the end of the movie (Monsters University) so we thought we'd create our own ending of a birthday party!

We had Monsters on every door and hanging from every threshold. 

 This picture makes me laugh.  Tommy's checking out the snowy Detroit/Philly game before the party.  Can you see it, bud??

I saw this Mike Wasowski balloon and I just had to get it.  
When I bought it, I carried it out and put it in my car.  This was the startling site in my rearview mirror.  HOLY MOLY, it scared the bejesus out of me.

 But it is hilarious.  We had way less Sulley decorations because I mean, come on... Billy Crystal.  Duh.

I got this great cupcake cake from Meijer. It was delicious with whipped cream icing.  My fave.  (Tommy wasn't going to eat it so I got what I wanted. Ha!)

 Another feature of Tommy's awesome party was the photo booth.  The signs said, "Grab a prop and make yourself into a Monster!" Oh and don't forget to hashtag #tomsterparty of course!

All the photo booth participants.  LOVE IT! 
I didn't get everyone in the photobooth that day so they'll get their own photos below...
I didn't get Tommy's Godmother Traci and her family in the photo booth! Darn it! It was great to see how big Joey is getting though!

I also didn't get Aunt Debbie and Grandma either.
At least I have evidence that they were there!

After an italian feast (Tommy had his favorite meat sauce with macaroni shells), we blew out candles.  For some reason, this process/song was a little overwhelming and Tommy decided to hide.

 We convinced him, like we do with everything else, by saying, "I'm going to blow out your candles before you do."  He blew them out with no problem. 

Like I said, he had no problem at that point!

 Tommy was super excited for his birthday vegan chocolate cake that traveled all the way from Bloomington with Aunt Shiela.  I know, I know, ENEMY CAKE! But I don't know of any vegan bakeries in our area so if you hear of one, let me know! No milk and no eggs and it is delicious!

Makes for one delicious mustache!

 We had to get a quick partial family pic with Mike Wasowski. He's such a scene stealer.  Also, why can't the Thornburgs do anything without their phones? Seriously.  It's the middle of blowing out candles and he has to have his phone.  What have we done???

 The cupcake cake was a success but luckily there were a few cupcakes leftover for mom and dad to eat later. ;-)

After dessert, we opened presents. We got Tommy this super amazing train table set for his birthday. 

This was the scene the night before while Uncle Adam and Andrew put the train table together.  It wasn't Ikea bad but it didn't look easy.  It took several hours and several beers.  I assume beer and the B1G championship game made it take longer.  Then they stayed up even later and watched Evil Dead.  I'm glad I skipped out on that and went to bed.   

Tommy got really, really great gifts.  He has enjoyed them all.  He keeps changing his mind on what to play with or what movie to watch because he has so many options. So much fun!
He got this GRRRRREAT microphone that is super loud (from dad).


But I got him these hugely dangerous Wolverine claws.   We were apparently in a contest to see who could get the worst gift.  ;-) 

Jeez, all these pictures and where was Charlotte? Well she basically slept through the entire party! She was so tired.  It was nice to be able to focus on Tommy for his special day.  So thanks Charlotte!  What a good little sister.  I was afraid I didn't get any pictures of her at the party but I did get a couple. 

 We got some terrible photo booth family pics.  This one was purposely terrible. 

 This was the best one we got.  Half of Tommy's face and none of dada's.  Yay us!

I got others with Charlotte in them.  Here is Charlotte with Harper and Katie.  Harper was so cute with her! 

 Wyatt was too! Entertaining her with the Bear-in-a-Box.


Tommy had so much fun for his birthday.  Thanks to everyone for coming and making his day super special!
HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY TOMMY T. THOMAS!! ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...