Monday, December 9, 2013

Early Christmas Present

I have wanted to get a DSLR for a LONG time.  I finally found the camera I wanted and Andrew was nice enough to get it for me early so that I could have it for Tommy's birthday party. 

Look at the nose on that thing!! It's a Canon Rebel SL1 (I have a Nikon family so they were hugely disappointed).  It's the teeniest DSLR on the market.  I know it looks huge but it's small and very light.  Perfect for me.  Andrew found a mega deal online which was also perfect. 

Here's my first picture.  The screen is huge and touchscreen! So cool!

 Then I started in on my target subject. Poor Charlotte! I hope she likes getting her picture taken.  She makes a great model!

 So sweet!

Awww baby toes!
 A big grin from Tommy T!
Those were all taken in AutoFocus.  I finally started messing with the settings (with a little help from the internet) and took the following. 
 Our masking taped Elf on the Shelf.  What did Tommy decide to name him? Santa Claus.  I think he's confused on the whole thing. ;-)

Ahh, our Purdue ornament in front of the Christmas tree in another bokeh shot.  Yay bokeh and yay Christmas! Perfect time to try out a new camera.  You'll be seeing lots more pictures from the newbie.  Can't wait to show you! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Shiela said...

Can't wait to see them! Love the tiny toes!

Anonymous said...

Great job! The bokeh is awesome...whatever it is!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...