Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Home Alone

Andrew had a late meeting in Illinois today and wasn't going to be home until dinner time or later. That meant it was up to me to pick up Tommy from school. This would be my first adventure out of the house with just Charlotte and Tommy. I wasn't really worried about it. But it was definitely going to be a first for me so I knew to be prepared.

Picking up Tommy went really well. I brought Charlotte into Tommy's classroom. It was story time. Tommy jumped up and ran over and so did Landon. Tommy swung out his hand like a school bus stop arm and said "That's MY baby sister!" Then he said to him, "You're going to wake her up!!" It was so funny and sweet at the same time. Tommy really loves his little sis. Adorable.

I took this pic on the way home feeling like superwoman! I just had my first milestone. I showered, blow dried my hair, got the baby packed up and ready, and picked up Tommy all by myself. (Baby steps, people. Don't judge!)

#momselfie

You can actually see Charlotte in the mirror in this one.


Look at her cute pink hat from Gaga. Awww.

But anyway I felt like superwoman until we got home. Then Charlotte was screaming. Tommy needed to go potty.
Convincing him to go potty took some effort. That's why I have these rando pictures above.
Then we had discussions (all through the screaming) about how Charlotte needed to wait her turn to go on the potty (#conversationswitha3yearold). But Tommy peed (after what seemed like I was negotiating with a terrorist). Then I was able to feed baby girl. After that Tommy was jumping on the couch and knocked a vase over. (Why do I even own a vase with 2 little kids?) Charlotte was again screaming while I cleaned gross plant water out of the carpet. But I was able to get Tommyhawk a snack and feed the babe all thanks to Mulan (his new fave disney movie) and Little Einsteins.

Then Andrew brought dinner home and everything was easy when it's man-on-man defense.
This was only a few hours, not even a full day!!! Like I said before, baby steps. But I can do this. It just takes incredible feats of multi-tasking and intense negotiation skills. I can do this!!! There will be crazy days but nothing I can't handle. #crossingmyfingers

 So worth it.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...