Wednesday, September 4, 2013

38 Weeks: On a Boat

Yep, that's me... in a swimsuit... and 38 weeks pregnant.  Yikes! But I paid enough for a maternity swimsuit, I might as well get some use out of it, right?


Your Growing Baby (from FitPregnancy)
The average newborn has a length of 21 1/2 inches and weighs 7 1/2 pounds. She is fully developed, though still adding connections between neurons in the brain (this continues well after birth). Her nails have been growing and now reach to the ends of her fingers and toes. Her movements are quite restricted by her close quarters.
Your Growing Belly 
You're probably having a whole lot of back and neck strain, lots of fatigue, and not much relief! You continue to add a pound a week and have a hard time getting around gracefully.Keep eating small, frequent, nutritious meals, and if you think that your contractions may be the real thing, eat something. The calories will help fortify you for the job at hand.
You! 
Well I have to say, that's the first time I've read that you still gain weight in the last month.  A pound a week too?  Yay! Now I don't feel so bad.  That sounds a lot more realistic.  Hopefully these last few pounds are going toward the baby and not my giant backside.  :-) 
How am I feeling? Fine as usual.  No huge complaints. The heat SUCKS.  But as long as I stay in the A/C I'm okay.  I'm super tired due to the messed up dreams I've been having along with the frequent bathroom trips at night.  The baby's movements, when she's stretching, really kind of hurt.  It's impressive! She's a strong little stinker.  
My doctor's appointment was today.  There was some progress but nothing to get too excited about.  The head's a little lower (-1), 75% effaced, and 1.5 cm dilated.  It's better than nothing! 
Here's the pic from my pregnancy with Tommy T... 
Quite a difference from a winter pregnancy to a summer one!! 
So that's all the news for now.  Until the next time! 

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

Seriously why are maternity swim suits so damn expensive. You look great by the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...