Monday, August 26, 2013

The Big 3-2: It's My Birthday

My birthday celebrations started a day early when Traci asked to take me out to eat. 
 Tommy came with me.  He decided he wanted to wear his big boy underpants which made me panic a little but we went for it.  Extra birthday surprise: Tommy stayed dry during the whole visit to McAllisters! AWESOME!

 Traci, Tommy and I got a quick group photo.  Heehee, so cute!

 The birthday surprises kept coming.  Andrew sent me flowers at work.  Awww!

Check the card though.  Who is Baby G? The lady at the flower shop misheard Andrew when he said Baby T and she said "Oh that's so nice that you'll have a boy and a girl."  Andrew thought to himself, "Wow, how did she know???" She thought he meant Baby Girl apparently.


 I got a super fun surprise package in the mail from a super fun friend! Are you kidding me? Stickers?? Sweet! Thanks, woman! You know who you are. ;-)

 On my actual birthday, Andrew took me shopping and we ate at Cheesecake Factory.  We decided on the featured cheesecake because the waiter was mega excited about the fact that you get to use a blowtorch on the marshmallow part of the Smores Cheesecake.  It was pretty incredible.

 After we were done shopping, my parents met us with Tommy at the State Fair.  We got our picture taken at the Glass Barn.  (Like Ashley said on Facebook, I really know how to party for my birthday.)

 Oh watch out, folks! We got TWO pictures!! :)

 We checked out the piglets and the world's largest pig.  Andrew was also horrified to see a pig eating a hot dog that someone threw in his pin.  Pig Cannibalism!!

 Tommy had a BLAST at the State Fair.  Seriously.  Animals, tractors, stuff to climb on, loud noises, train rides, the fun never stopped!

 We went to Kiddie Land.  Tommy wanted this dang red ball.  To win said ball, you had to pay $5 worth of tickets to pick 3 ducks out of water.  Then the lady said, "Oh, yep you win."  Then you get to take home said ball.  Worth it.  :-)


This video is showing you $10 worth of rides at the State Fair.  Dang, son! It cost $2.50 a person and Tommy wasn't allowed to go by himself (for good reason).  So $10 later, Tommy was quite a happy camper.

It was also worth it. Tommy had SUCH a good time.  We kept him up WAAAAYYYYY too late but he had a BALL.  He also got to take a home a giant red ball.  He loves it.  Birthdays sure do change when you get older.  I was way more content to see Tommy have a blast than do anything else.  We had a really good time all day.  It was nice to spend time just Andrew and I at the mall and at lunch.  It was also nice to have someone else pack up and bring Tommy to the State Fair! Thanks, Mom and Dad!! :-)  It's the little things.

 The next day, after staying up wayyyyyy too late, Tommy was in rare form.  LeVar Burton on Star Trek form apparently.

Later that day, it was crash time.  He was cashed out on energy and good moods.  Phew! There's a reason why you don't keep toddlers up that late.  Sheesh.  But still, we had a fantastic time and I had a wonderful birthday.  Thank you to everyone who truly made me feel special. 
32 will be the best year yet!  

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

And one more comment for good measure, geez, I am annoying today...

Super rad birthday Morg - dont forget Vegas, May 2015 we are celebrating all our bdays again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...