Monday, August 5, 2013

Adventures in Potty Training

So we've been potty training for awhile now.  We're not rushing things because we're just not in that big of a hurry.  Plus Tommy isn't really too stoked about going on the potty just yet.  But he's getting there.  I saw someone on Facebook was using the trick where you have Naked Days and it kind of helps things click for a child.
(Now I debated putting this on the blog but then I thought- Hey, this is my blog.  I'm going for it.)

So I tried a little mini naked day while Andrew was mowing the lawn. You can tell how well that turned out.
Sorry Applesauce.  Tommy has christened your room for you.  Not my greatest parenting moment but I have to say, I think the idea became a little more concrete for him.  He actually told me he needed to poop in the potty (after he did this so it didn't really help me out any).  But I think it might have a helped, if only a little.  We might have to try this again... only this time, let's stay on moppable (I wish that were a word) floors.  

Sidenote: A great description of potty training a boy (all in pictures) came from one of my favorite bloggers.  You must check out this post. Very worth it.  It's spot on. 

 So Tommy has been involving Scout in lots of pretend play lately.

 I'm not really sure what kind of pretending is going on here but he's having a great time.

But I thought it might be fun to get Scout in on the potty training action.  Here's Tommy holding Scout who's modeling his Sully pull-up.

"Say cheese, Scout!" He's enjoying the fact that he can "teach" someone else to use the potty.

 He also really gets into it.  Scout had to wear a nighttime diaper instead of his pull-up when he went to bed.

Even though this picture isn't really in focus (stupid iPhone), I really enjoyed the artistic side of Tommy's pose.  I should get on Instagram or something. He's got the talent of a Zoolander. :) 

Poor Scout.  Is that diaper big enough for ya???  

Potty Training is so much fun! I'm sure there will be more updates in the future.  Hopefully with less pictures of poop on the floor! 

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

I was totally going to suggest including Scout before I kept reading. I think thats a great idea and I love the naked days we did one of those two but it stressed me out more than helped Max because I was so worried that exhibit A would happen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...