Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Little Get Together with the Ladies

So this weekend, we decided to have a quick get together since my friend Krissi was going to be in town from Alabama. Krissi kept saying that she had a surprise for me.  I really had no idea what to expect and I never could have guessed in a million years what this surprise would entail.  
Wellllllll.... you may want to avert your eyes if you have a sensitive stomach.  

Yeah, that's what you think it is.  (Or if you're my mom, you think it's a baby with a weird-looking pink blanket wrapped around it.)  It is truly homemade by Krissi.  She even went to Michaels to get the spray paint icing stuff.  A-maahhh-zing.
Krissi bought 3 different dolls at Goodwill to figure out which size head would look best.  (She is in nursing school right now and just finished her OBGYN clinical so she should know!) She felt weird about buying these weird looking dolls at Goodwill so she told the guy, "Don't worry, I'm only buying these to use their heads." I'm sure that cleared things right up for the guy. :-)

 So since the cake was a little graphic we decided not to bring it to the restaurant where we ate lunch.  We did get a quick group picture.  Mandy had to leave early so she is not pictured. :( But there are two preggos on the left (I'm allowed to say that now, right Megan? We are practically Two Peas in a Pod again, just like 17 weeks apart as opposed to just 2).  Maria and Krissi are on the right.  Or as Andrew said, "Did you have lunch with Manute Bol?"
How tall were those heels, girl?
I just googled him and found this.  I had to include it.
Somebody online was having fun with photoshop.

So after lunch and shopping, I came home to my two fun dudes.  We were going to grill out but then realized we were out of propane.  Steak N Shake it was!

 Steak N Shake really goes all out for the kiddies.  A hat, a cardboard car, a cool plastic take home cup, and kids eat free all weekend.

 Most of the time, the only way I can convince Tommy to let me take pictures of him is to do selfies.

Gotta have fun with it!

So that evening, I decided to have some cake but I had to get a doll head out of the way. What do you do with a disturbing doll head covered in creepy icing? Have a photo shoot, of course!

Goodness gracious, that's terrifying. 

Thanks, ladies, for the wonderful Saturday! So great to see you all.  Thank you Krissi for the unforgettable baby shower cake. :-)  You are an artist! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...