Thursday, August 22, 2013

35 and 36 Weeks: Two Posts in One

35 Weeks (from FitPregnancy) Your Growing Baby
At more than five pounds and between sixteen and twenty inches, your baby is becoming more ready for birth with every passing hour. She's the size of a small roasting chicken.
Her nervous system and immune system are still maturing, and she's adding the fat that she'll need to regulate her body temperature. But, everything else, from her toenails to the hair on her head, is fully formed. If she were born now, she'd have more than a ninety-nine percent chance of surviving.
Your Growing Belly 
Your size is probably making you really uncomfortable. You're carrying so much extra weight and fluid that simple things can be tiring. If your job requires sitting all day, take frequent breaks to walk around and stretch your legs (if you have the privacy to lie down for a few minutes or do stretches on your hands and knees, even better).
You'll see your care provider once every one or two weeks now. If you have other children, this can be a poignant time, because it is the last few weeks of being a family in the way that you're used to. Don't forget to arrange care for any children or pets for the two to three days you'll be in the hospital. Ask a neighbor to collect your newspapers and mail.
Your...Self? 
Did they seriously just say a roasting chicken?? I love the information they write up for this stuff.  So how am I feeling? Fine.  Good enough.  I shouldn't complain.  It's not that bad.  Heartburn, discomfort, constant bathroom trips, all the bad stuff just isn't that bad.  I'm ready to be done with this pregnancy but the discomforts are just annoying, not painful.  Now there are times when the baby's movements become somewhat painful.  I don't know what she's hitting in there but it makes me JUMP.  Like WHOA, what the heck was that?? Sometimes... this is going to sound odd... but sometimes it tickles.  Is that normal?? I jump when that happens too.  Also the constant waterbed like motions and foot pedaling that she's doing on my organs in there kinda makes me nauseous occasionally. Sort of like riding a roller coaster.  It's weird.  But again, I'm not vomiting.  I'm not in severe pain.  I'm not distraught.  So for that, I thank you, little lady. :)

I have caved in the pink department.  I finally bought something pink.  Check out these snap-on booties. I love these things.  We had a black pair for Tommy.  They don't fall off! They're wonderful! Yes I bought pink.  I'm embracing the pink.  Lord help me!
So my 35 week doctor's appointment, she started doing exams.  I also had my Group B test.  Disgusting! I am half a centimeter dilated and 50% effaced.  She told me I would NOT be sharing a birthday with Applesauce.  So that's good.  It will be interesting to see how much I've progressed in a week. 

36 Weeks (from FitPregnancy)
Your Growing Baby
With one month to go, your baby weighs about six pounds and is fattening. Her full length from crown to feet is about 20 1/2 inches.Your Growing BellyHas your baby's movement slowed down? If so, you shouldn't worry. Five to ten percent of all mothers report that babies start to slow down as they grow larger and get more cramped for space. Still, you should be able to feel your baby move more than ten times a day. If you're concerned, try drinking a sweet beverage, such as orange juice, and then lying on your side for a while. Most babies will wake up and start to move. If you're still concerned, contact your healthcare provider.
Your SELF
At my 36 week appointment today, she told me I'm still only 50% effaced but I'm 1 cm dilated.  A teeny bit of progress so I guess that's better than nothing.  Heartburn still sucks.  I have random groin pains, like I pulled something but it comes on when I'm just standing there.  Weird.  The baby must be getting crowded in there because her movements can be very painful.  She still has hiccups twice a day usually.  The fatigue has really set in.  I'm exhausted. Other than that, I'm still trucking along.  

I'm sick of these belly shots but I'll be mad at myself later if I don't document it.  Here's 36 weeks.  
HUGE!

Here's 36 weeks back in 2010.
Also huge!

Annnnnddd here's how I really feel... like eating oreos in my pajama pants.  Yay pregnancy! 

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

I eat Oreos every night like they are going out of style!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...