Wednesday, August 7, 2013

34 Weeks: Ugh

Well here it is.  34 weeks.  Ugh.  That is one giant belly.  I literally have to carry it around like this all the time because it's so heavy.  Ok that's not true.  But it just looks so huge.  Maybe it's the stinking horizontal stripes on all maternity clothes right now.  WHY??? Why horizontal? Who is making these clothes?? Oh wait. Heidi Klum.  Jessica Simpson. Elle MacPherson. Beyonce. Nicole Ritchie. (People who don't have to worry about horizontal stripes because they are either super models or have stylists and make up artists to make them look amazing.)  Just about EVERYTHING at Target is striped. Sadly, even everything I have purchased has stripes.

Apparently everything I purchased in 2010 was also striped.  Sheesh.  This is 34 weeks last time.

So what's happening in there... 


Baby:

Your baby measures about 19.8 inches (50.3cm) from head to toe and weighs about 5 pounds (2.3kg). Baby is probably settling into the head-down position, although it might not be final. Organs are now almost fully mature, except for lungs, and the skin is pink instead of red. Fingernails reach the ends of fingers, but toenails are not yet fully grown. Baby might have lots of hair. Movements are less frequent because of the tight fit.

Mom-to-be:

Your uterus hardens and contracts as practice for labor, known as Braxton Hicks contractions, but you may not feel them yet. Your pelvis has expanded and may ache, especially at the back. Uterus is pushed hard against your lower ribs and your rib cage may be sore, and your navel is probably pushing out as a result of your abdomen being stretched.


What's happening with me? 

Well I'm getting heartburn from even water now.  That's fun.  Leg cramps are still happening every once in a great while. Nightmares are often and terrible.  I'm waking up 2 times a night.  Once to go to the bathroom.  Then the second time I'm just wide awake for no reason and I can't get back to sleep. That's also fun.  I assume that's actually why I'm fatigued and not just from the third trimester in general.

It is unbelievable that I have only 6 weeks left.  That is my first thought.  My second thought is I still have 6 weeks to go??? I'm getting to that point where I'm ready to be done.

One part that is different from my first pregnancy is that the movements of Baby T2 can be painful.  I don't remember Tommy moving around and streeeeetttccchhhhiiinnggg out and jabbing me with elbows and feet to where it hurts.  That's new.  But luckily the pain is temporary and she usually moves again to release the pressure.  Phew! Relief!

So the countdown has begun. I don't think in weeks accomplished now, only in the weeks I have left.  Viability is three weeks away.  It's definitely going fast.  That's one positive! Weekly doctor appointments start next week.  Here we go!

2 comments:

The Goldmans said...

I hate you, you have 6 weeks, I have 8.5 UGH!!
So over this, I am WAY more miserable than I ever was. Actually I wasnt miserable with Max.

Shiela said...

OMG! I still remember getting heartburn from drinking water. And that was more than 18 years ago. That was the worst. And I always felt like people thought I was crazy! But it will all be just a story soon. And all worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...