Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Saturday at the Museum and Cookout at Goldmans

Last Saturday, the boys went golfing so the girls decided to take the kiddos to the zoo.  

Well we planned to go to the zoo but it was raining buckets. We chose the museum instead.  But look at our super cute kiddos packed in the car.  Tommy, Wyatt and Harper were excellent car riders on the way down.

The Children's Museum was a wonderful alternative.  Tommy is still talking about the transformer he saw at the entrance.  Bumblebee! The boys loved it, can't you tell?

Or maybe not? Love those faces.  Hilarious.

The Dino Exhibit was first.  Such cuties.

There was so much to do in and around the dino exhibit.  Play with dino toys? First on the list!

Then we stopped for a quick lunch on the floor.  Tommy broke out in itchy hives on his neck and belly after lunch.  For the life of me, I could not figure it out.  I finally figured it out when I got home and looked at the bag of bread from his sandwich.  There was milk in the bread.  Whoops.  But hey, he worked through it with no barf! That's exciting!

Wyatt munching on a cheesestick. :)

Here the boys are checking out the most amazing train set ever.  Look at that train fly by!

Wyatt and Harper took a race car for a spin.

Then it was Tommy's turn.  You can see Wyatt in the background playing mechanic.

I snapped this picture before the Mad Scientist showed up.  Although Tommy makes a pretty good substitute.

The trio checked out the aquarium fish.

 They also played with the boats in the water flow exhibit.  I am not afraid to admit what I did here. Heehee! I didn't know anyone so I didn't really care.  But Tommy was getting pretty itchy at this point from the hives (bread) so I splashed his neck and belly with the chlorinated water from the exhibit.  People probably thought I was bathing him.  I'm not sure if it helped but hopefully it at least cooled him down a little.  His rash eventually went away so it had to work a little, right??
Poor Tommy.  #WeirdMom 
He certainly didn't mind though.  

Of course his favorite part of the boat exhibit was the flipping HAND DRYER.  HA!

This was another exhibit! What? They put a bunch of mulch into an area and kids could move it around with shovels and wheel barrows and stuff.  Hey kids, I have a museum exhibit in my yard.  Think you could move 13 yards of mulch for me?

This is also the point where I lost Tommy.  He left the digging area and took off.  I had to walk all the way around the exhibit to get to the exit and he was no where to be found.  I scanned the room for a good 5 minutes trying to find him.  Needless to say, I was a bit panicked.  But all the sudden I look up and he was mouthing the railing on this jungle gym thing above my head waving down at me.  I was thinking, "Oh Thank You Lord!" But instead I said, "GET YOUR TONGUE OFF THE RAILING! GROSS!"  :-)

After that, Katie and I agreed it was TIME TO GO. Taking kids to a museum is EXHAUSTING.  It was so nice to go with Wyatt though because Tommy was much braver and trying all kinds of new scary things that he wouldn't normally do.

After the museum, we went over to the Goldmans for a cookout.  There were 7 kids and one newborn. We kept saying, "When did this happen??? How did we accumulate so many kids??" 

Speaking of the newborn, here he is.  This is sweet baby Dean.  He's so little at 2.5 weeks.  I totally forget this age! Exciting that Dean and Applesauce (and Baby Goldman 2 and Baby Holt 2) will be approximately the same age. We definitely have children in shifts in this group. :)

The kids spent a lot of time in the bounce house in the basement.  This is Wyatt, Tommy and Emily in action!

We also spent a lot of time outside. Something about this picture seems familiar? Hmm... someone stepped in dog poop... We had to get out the hose... Hmmm... what does that remind me of?
OH YEAH! The Labor Day Baby Party post.  That was almost 2 years ago!!! Wow! Look at how little Pants-less Max is! Love it!  If you get a chance to look through the post, the kids were so little then.  We didn't even live in Lafayette yet!

Crazy how things change, time flies, and people multiply I guess. :)

The other funny part was that it was a lot of the same people from our Vegas Trip over a year ago.  Definitely not the same kind of partying though.

Wait, maybe it's more similar than I realize?? Naked buns?? HAHA!! Tommy is finally old enough to hang with the big boys (3.5 year olds).

Gotta get those filthy boys clean.  I mean, for heaven's sake, there was dog poop involved in the day and who knows what else with these Theta Chi progeny.

Had to post my #PinterestFail 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats.  Not that they were really a fail but they definitely don't look as pretty as the picture.  But hey, they didn't have any dairy in them so Tommy could eat them.  Vegan Buttery Spread (that was the butter replacement's name) for the WIN!

Later that night, the boys set off fireworks. They were excellent fireworks.  Very illegal looking and sounding. :-)  They scared the living daylights out of Tommy though.

So we came inside to watch the rest from the window.

Thanks, Goldmans, for another awesome cookout! We had a great time.  Tommy keeps talking about the "Transformer at the Zoo"(ha!) and how much fun he had at Max's house.  He can't wait to visit again!

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

Glad you figured out the bread (hives) situation. You guys DOMINATED the museum I am exhausted after reading it.

Also thanks for cropping my arse out of the tubby photo.

And I cant believe how little the kiddos were in that Labor day post.

Also KEVIN was the one that stepped in poo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...