Wednesday, July 24, 2013

32 Weeks: 8 Months Down, 8 Weeks to Go Take 2

Well it's been 32 weeks.  That's a super long time when I sit down and think about it.  I'm already 8 months pregnant.  Wasn't I just drinking at Disney World??? ;-) Ha!

My belly's big.  Uh uh, I'm not ashamed.  Big like a pickle.  I'm still getting paid.  (I'll buy a drink for the first one who can name the song in the comments! GO!)

To compare, we've got 32 weeks last time in Chicago...
Yep, still bigger.

I realized I am using the same info from the last time I was pregnant so I thought I'd find a new source.  How about Pampers?  They all basically say the same thing.
Ups and downs. Your acrobat may be standing on his head now: Most babies settle in the head-down, or vertex, position by this week. Ideally, he'll stay put until you give birth. But remember, your little one has a mind of his own—he might decide to change positions several times before he's born. You might feel him jostling into place as he flips, especially if he does so late in your pregnancy. 

As full as it gets. The amount of amniotic fluid in your uterus right now—about two pints—makes it fairly easy for your baby to switch from head up to head down. Over the next eight weeks, the amount of fluid will decrease as the amount of baby increases. 

Measuring up. Your baby weighs between 3.5 and 4 pounds and measures about 17 to 18 inches stretched out. 

If what MFMS told me ends up being completely accurate, this baby is probably over 4 pounds at this point if I were to guess.  That seems huge considering Tommy was born at 6 lbs 12 oz and I still have 8 weeks to go.  But at half a pound a week, that would make an 8 pound baby.  Sounds good to me!

They told me she was in the head down position at the last appointment so Atta Girl!! Keep up the good work!

I've been experiencing heartburn still.  Blech! Not fun but no biggie.  Something else that isn't fun? The HEAT! This has been an especially cool summer so far so I'm very lucky I haven't had to deal with it very much.  I'm trying to drink as much water as humanly possible to stay hydrated.  I dehydrate so easily it's hard to keep up!

I haven't been doing a very good job of documenting this pregnancy. I skipped the entire month of June! Yikes!  I don't want her to be mad at me someday when I have documented every single second of my pregnancy with Tommy and not my pregnancy with her.  I hope she understands! So I'm going to try to be better about it.  More posts, more often, here they come, watch out!

Since my 30 week post was ALL ABOUT APPLESAUCE (see, little lady, you still get special attention), I will post a 30 week pic in this post.  It's actually 30.5 weeks and it's on a boat so... enjoy... I guess?  
Go ahead and laugh at my stupidity.  I screwed up putting on sunscreen and got a MAJAH sunburn. You can partially see it on my arm but my back was toast. Brutal.  I know better than that.  I almost forgot to post this one.  I have to have a picture on a boat this time around too!

Although I will never beat the last pic I took preggo on a boat (22 weeks).
Thanks so much, Bro. :)






3 comments:

The Goldmans said...

Seriously did you just quote Digital Underground!?!?! Love the Humpty Dance.
Please buy me a drink, a strong one, in Vegas, in 2015!

Lindsey said...

Ugh...I was too late. Humpty Dance, I was on it...just a little too slow. :)

The Thornburgs said...

Don't worry, I'll still buy you a drink too, Lindz. When you can have one again someday! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...