Tuesday, July 9, 2013

30 Weeks: Baby Applesauce in Real Time!

Andrew was not happy that he had to be out of town for my 30 week appointment with MFMS because their high-tech ultrasounds are always amazing.  He asked if I could FaceTime it or take a video.  They wouldn't let me do any of that.  So instead they gave me a disc with pics and a video on it.  Here's the video.  She's not moving around a whole lot but she's probably focusing on posing for pictures!

Incredible, right?

They also gave me a whole bunch of pictures too.  My ultrasound tech is also a photographer on the side so she said she tends to over do it when it comes to all pictures.
 This is a weird shot but it's the face with the mouth open like a fish.  The two dark spots in the middle are her eyes.  She's got her cheeks smushed by her hand it looks like.  Too funny.  I also got to see her lips shiver while in this position.  Crazy.

Did you know you can see hair on an ultrasound??? Well I guess you can! Look at that hair! Crazy! Explains the heartburn, I guess.  :)  

Can't escape without a quality profile picture of course.

She tried a different type of 4-D shot that looks really weird.  But she could rotate it around and we could see her from all angles.  It was really interesting.  

Still my favorite shot is the regular old 3-D shot.  This is just incredible to me.  Look at that face! That's Applesauce!! Look at her! You've practically met her already! Amazing!

I received some wonderful news at this appointment.  They said I could be taken out of the high risk category!! I'm a normal risk pregnancy!! This is such exciting news.  MFMS does not want to see me anymore.  I was never happier to say goodbye! They were wonderful doctors and I'll miss them but HOORAY!! They said that things have progressed as exactly as they should and my regular OBGYN can take over from here.  It's such a relief to hear this news.  We are so happy.

They said she was about 3.5 pounds.  Seems huge to me but it's only slightly above average.  The Baby Facts that I look at every week say on average she should be 17 inches and 3 pounds so that's pretty on target.

The tech did give me a horrible scare at the appointment.  She was looking at Applesauce's shoulders and back and said, "I do see a membrane. I will have to ask Dr. S about that."  I about lost it.  I was thinking to myself, "NO! Not again! This baby is supposed to be okay! I can't handle this.  This can't possibly be true.  Please no!"
So I asked, "Where is it?" meaning what body part, back, spine, brain???  She said "It's right here in this dark spot... on the placental wall."  I said, "SO IT'S NOT ON THE BABY???"  She said, "Oh my gosh, I am sooo sorry.  No, it's not on the baby.  I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare you like that."  She was referring to the membrane that was leftover from Twin B.  Since things have progressed normally, there seems to be nothing left after the demise but a minor membrane.  It looked like a deflated balloon, honestly.  It's been two months since we last saw anything so a lot has changed.

It turned out to be a really great appointment with lots of pictures and videos to take home.  It's not quite the same as being there but luckily for Andrew, technology is amazing and he can easily pretend like he was there!

Now if only I could convince the IT people for the hospital not to use AVI files for their videos.  Blech! #techsnobjoke

2 comments:

The Goldmans said...

Applesauce looks like Tommy!

Shiela said...

I also think she looks like Tommy in the video! Amazing technology.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...