Wednesday, July 3, 2013

29 Weeks: This is Familiar Territory

So here I am.  All beached-whaley.  Twenty-nine weeks and counting.  Actually the number I'm looking at is 11. Eleven weeks left! That is a chump change amount of weeks when I think back on how fast the first 29 weeks have went.  AAH! No time! So much to do!
What's Happening with Baby T2:
Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (about the size of a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Here's me with Tommy at 30 weeks (sadface explained in the link).  Big ol' round difference there. :-)

But the similarities are uncanny.  There are slight differences of course but something will happen and I'll be totally taken back to 2010.  One of the first moments that took me back was waking up with a horrendous foot cramp.  Oh the foot cramps.  Totally forgot about those.  I had to put all the weight of my body on my foot to get it to bend back to a normal position.... at 3 in the morning, of course.  Oh such good memories. Ha!
Another symptom that has come up lately is heartburn or reflux or whatever this is.  It's just an acidic feeling rising up in the esophagus.  I had that last time too.  Will the baby be born with hair?? Very possible!
The last repeat symptom is the freakiest.  Nightmares!  Oh what fun.  I had a dream that in the hospital they knocked me out, took my baby, and then performed all kinds of freak surgeries on me.  I woke up covered in stitches from my neck to my hips and I had no idea where my baby was.  Not cool, Brain. Not cool.  Let's not have those dreams anymore.

The major difference is the baby acrobatics.  Tommy moved a lot but it didn't feel like this.  It feels like constant pointy elbows, knees and fingers.  It's crazy to watch my belly move all over the place.  She's super active which is fantastic but very distracting.

In other news, my co-workers just threw me a baby shower.  It was so much fun.  A small dinner party with 6 people and they gave me enough baby clothes, blankets, bibs, and socks to fill a laundry basket.
From 5 people?? Seriously? How awesome!  They got me the cutest clothes, I tell ya.  I can't wait to put them on Baby T2.

OH and a second side note:  Tommy has chosen another name for the baby that has a better ring to it than Santa Claus.  We asked him one night what he would like to name the baby.  He thought about it and said "Applesauce."
So Baby Applesauce, it is.  So trendy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...