Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Fest and Spring Game

Last weekend we took Tommy to Spring Fest at Purdue. Spring Fest is mostly known for The Bug Bowl.  
 EW BUGS! I never took an entomology class at Purdue but they were definitely famous.  The Bug Bowl has cricket spitting, insect petting zoo, honey tasting from real honeybees, insect fossils, and cockroach races.   This was a cockroach race at Roachhill Downs.  Tommy didn't know what to think of it.

 I did.  I thought the cockroaches were DISGUSTING.  I can't imagine finding something that huge without a sheet of glass in between us.  BLECH.

I had to get a picture of Tommy sitting in a chair in the classroom.  Maybe someday he'll actually be a student at Purdue, eh?

 We walked ran around the practice field before we went to the game.  WIDE OPEN SPACES!! MUST RUN!!

The game was super packed, as you can tell.  We could barely find a seat.

 We were able to sit close enough that when we yelled at Purdue Pete, he actually stopped and came up to say hi.  Can you see the pure joy in Tommy's face? Holy moly, he was excited.

 First the formal high five...

 Then it was time to freak out.  Aaahhh, he's too close to me!!!

 I love this family pic.  The look on Tommy's face cracks me up.  Picture with Pete: Do. Not. Want.

Before we left for the day, Tommy got a sweet workout at the athlete's workout center.

If you're wondering after all that if he took a good nap that day... well, nearly four hours ought to do it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...