Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Keiper Family Christmas Vacation: Part II

So on Christmas Day with Tommy's fever mostly broken, we decided to get out of the house.  We went to "Downton Disney".  No, it's not actually called that but we couldn't help it.  It's actually Downtown Disney.  It's where Pleasure Island is and lots of shops, bars and restaurants. Biggest bonus? It's free to get in.  So off we went.

 It was crowded when we got there so the manly men dropped us off and we walked around until they found parking spaces.

 We hadn't walked even halfway through before we had already bought Tommy a toy.  We couldn't help it.  It was dark and they had spinning light up Lightning McQueen cars.  So cool.  He of course loved it.

 There is a LEGO Imagination Center (or as we called it LEGOLAND!) store there and they had a lego Woody and Buzz on a rocket.  Nice!

Tommy was content eating snacks and riding around.

 But you should have seen him once he found this Pluto pillow pet.  He really loved on this thing.  We didn't end up buying it.  I know, I know.  But we got made fun of for not even making it 30 yards before buying him something so we opted for a Pluto Christmas Ornament that he picked out instead.

We made reservations at the Rain Forest Cafe for dinner and it was an hour and a half wait.  So we walked around and played.  There was a fountain that kids could run and play in.  Tommy didn't want to get too close.

I took several pictures and none of them had any water spouting up in them.  But that is what he is looking at in this picture.

We also rode the Merry Go Round and train while we waited.

Once our reservation for 13 was called (hmm, I wonder why we had an hour and a half wait?), we parked our stroller in the stroller parking area by the elephants and headed into the restaurant.

 We had to sit at two different tables so the Keipers sat at one table and the rest of us sat at another.  I caught this cute family pic before we got our food.

I ordered a kid's meal for Tommy thinking it would be ok. I talked to the waiter a little about it but apparently I wasn't specific enough about it.  He told me the hot dog was cooked by itself (whatever that means) so I figured he knew what he was talking about.  He brought the hot dog and chips to our table and Tommy ate it all gone.

Then....

Then he started vomiting.  We always know when it's an allergic reaction vomit.  This was definitely that.  It did not stop.  He vomited all down my leg, all over the floor, and he kept vomiting.  My dad handed me his salad bowl so he didn't have to keep vomiting on the floor.  Poor kid.  Andrew was fast-acting and grabbed the Benadryl out of the bag.  He gave him some Benadryl and as soon as we knew he could keep it down.  I think that is what really helped Tommy.  Steph jumped up and found a waiter and told them what was happening so we could get some napkins/towels/a mop.  My mom and I took Tommy to the bathroom and cleaned him up (and me too).

We still aren't sure what it was that he ate.  There could have been peanut oil used in the chips.  Or maybe there was cross-contamination with the hot dog.  We have no idea.  He broke out in hives all over his belly and chest by the next day.  Thanks goodness for the Benadryl.  It keeps us from having to use the epi pen.

After everything was cleaned up, Andrew and I scarfed down our meals so we could get the heck out of dodge.

I think this picture is so sweet.  My dad held Tommy while we ate.  Poor kid.  This week was just not going his way.  First he was sick.  Then he had a terrible ear popping flight.  Now an allergic reaction? 
This is supposed to be the most magical place on earth! 
Will his week get better?? Stayed tuned to find out as the saga continues! :-) 

2 comments:

The Goldmans said...

Holy moley...will you guys ever travel again is what I want to know....

The Thornburgs said...

Haha!! Oh, vomit is our life. It's no biggie. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...