Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tommy's Second Birthday Party! Part 1

It's party time! Tommy's birthday party was this weekend.  What a great time.  I'll have to split this birthday party story into several posts.  So here we go... 
Let's talk about theme and decorations first. Tommy is a huge fan (like every other boy his age) of the movie Cars.  
There might be some blurring that I did here after the fact.  Just maybe. 

The night before the party, I took some painters tape and laid down this sweet race track around our house.  
Tommy got a battery powered Mater from Grandma and Grandpa the week before so he drove it all around the track.  
Around and around and around... The track was a major hit with Tommy.  

 I made some allergy-free cupcakes for Tommy Hawk.  No eggs or milk.  I substituted a banana and cornstarch for the eggs and water for milk. We got a zebra box mix from the store so they were banana chocolate striped cupcakes.  They weren't half bad!

I found a sweet cake topper that was a candle from the party store.  It was bigger than the cupcake.

I got his cake from Target.  We have lots of fancy cake places in the area but I decided not to spend boatloads of money on cake or cupcakes that Tommy can't even eat.  The Target cake turned out super cute too.  Thanks for the suggestion Claire! :) 

 McQueen is "Squallin' Em!!" :-)

 I made all the decorations myself with my Cricut.  It's pronounced cricket, not Cry-Cut.  Don't make the mistake I did and sound like an idiot at the store. :)

 I think Tommy's favorite toy from the party was the balloons.  He is STILL playing with those a week plus later!

 I put a sign up for this party so people knew the cupcakes were 'allergy-free'.  The last time people just thought I made gross cupcakes. Ha!

 Tommy's checkered birthday banner.  You can also see McQueen in the bottom left corner.  Those stupid Cars characters on the Cricut were nearly impossible to make! I had to improvise A LOT.

I also made Tommy T's shirt with some stitch witchery.  He was not happy about having his picture taken here.  The shirt turned out kinda cute but I still think those jeans Andrew got him are the CUTEST.  Such a stud.  

Stay tuned for more birthday posts... 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...