Saturday, September 15, 2012

First Purdue Football Game

We took Tommy to his first Purdue football game today.  
(What? Same day blogpost? You're blowing my mind!) 
He patiently waited while we drove over to the West side.  

 On our way over, we drove by the house I lived in senior year, good ol' 118 Fowler. So many memories dancing on that porch.  Wow.  Still going strong! Ha!

 I have never been to a football game that early (usually too busy tailgating).  As it turns out, they do all kinds of stuff on the field before the game starts.  Who woulda thought?  Ha!

 I got a super quick family pic.  That sun was mega bright! Poor Tommy.  Why didn't his parents bring him a hat or sunglasses??
 I haven't been to an actual Purdue game in years I think (again, too busy tailgating).

 As you can tell, the stands were PACKED to see Purdue play Eastern Michigan.

 Oh there we go.  They finally filled up after a while.

 At one point, the Purdue Dance team came up for pictures with the crowd.  They took a pic with this cute little boy in his wheelchair.  He was loving it! Big smile!

They sat in the stands for pictures with all the kids that came down.  Now I know it looks like we are sitting randomly behind them without their knowledge.  But I swear there was another mom and kid in the same row we were.  But this picture kinda looks like we're photobombing them.  Oh well, Tommy's first photobomb. He looks stoked. :)

 It got pretty hot sitting in the stands so we decided to explore the concourse. They gave out free poms at the entrance and Tommy ran around flailing those things all over the place.

 Case in point, there goes one pom flying through the air.

 The best part of the day in Tommy's eyes by far was the puddle we found.

Stomp, splash, stomp, splash.  Kept him somewhat cool and it was fun to play with!

 Tommy ran up to the gate next to the entrance and started pushing that giant 8+ foot tall gate open.  Yikes! I thought they locked those things.  Apparently not.

This picture cracks me up.  His poor little red face.  It's not sunburned.  It just turns red like his mom's when he gets hot.  He looks pleased to be sitting in the hot sun.

 Tommy's play Purdue phone was in the diaper bag so he made a few calls during the game.  I thought we had lost it actually.  We couldn't find it after we went out to the concourse and came back.  I kept saying, "I think we lost the Purdue phone." Tommy climbed to the seat behind me and goes, "I found it!"  It was under the seat behind us.  Good eye, Tommy T!

 At half time, we decided to go while the getting was good so we headed out.  There are probably 75 stairs and he climbed down all of them.  What a trooper.

He's just like Rocky except he's going down and not up... and he's under age 2 and he's not a boxer, etc.  You know what I mean.

 After all those stairs, he still wanted to RUN to the car.

This is what drives me crazy about my iPhone camera.  I can't always tell what it's focusing on.  In this case, it's the building behind them.  Dang it.  It would have been a cute picture!  Oh well, I guess I better just get the new one.  ;-) (Hint, hint Apple. This blog could use an advertiser.)

 On our long walk back to the car, we followed some Breakfast Clubbers.  Cut off super short jean shorts and cut off flannel shirts.  We laughed out loud.

We finally arrived at the parking garage and took the elevator up to our floor.  Tommy was ready to go home and take a nap.  He had a great first football game at Ross Ade.  Go Boilers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...