Sunday, August 12, 2012

Warrior Dash/Toddler Dash 2012

Once again it's that time of year.  On Saturday, the crew participated in the Warrior Dash in Crawfordsville.  You might remember this event from last year...

Haha! Look at my chunky little babe! WOW!! What a difference a year makes.  :-)  Anyway, here are Andrew and Travis participating in the race last year.
This year, there were a couple NEW participants joining them.
There's Andrew, Katie, Travis, Travis's dad Kevin, and Travis's mega white thighs.

 While they ran the race, Travis's mom Susan and I watched the 3 kiddos.  Here's Harper enjoying herself in the shade.

 Here's Tommy enjoying his milk.  It was truly a beautiful day. Perfect temps.
We set up shop right at a table right by the stage.  There was a DJ playing insanely loud music until the band came on.  Once the band came on, it was actually a relief! 
 Unluckily for the Warriors, before the race it was only the DJ's music.  So they did their warming up to some crazy song that I'm sure we heard at the club in Vegas.  As soon as their heat took off, the band started playing.  As soon as they were done, they band stopped playing.  It's like they did it on purpose.
This was my version of the race.  I'm calling it the Toddler Dash.  Tommy did NOT want to sit still nor stay by our table.  So he would take off running every 2.5 seconds.  I would bring Wyatt with me (because Susan was holding Harper) and we would run after him, grab him and bring him back to the table. I think it was only a couple times I had to pick both kids up and carry them back to the table.  Fun times!  I have a newfound respect for anyone who has their kids that close together.  I don't know that many people who have kids that are 3, 2, and 1 years old but if they do, I'm impressed if they ever make it out of the house.

 One of the many times Tommy escaped, he made friends with some purple dressed up superheroes.  Hi five!

 At one point, Wyatt had to go potty.  So Susan took him to a portapot and I stayed with Hahpah da babeee (as Tommy says) and Tommy.  We played under the table the whole time.  It was much cooler under there.
Tommy knew this was the time to take advantage (while big brother was gone) to put the moves on Harper.  He went for the old "here's some dead grass" pick up line. :) I think she loved it.

 The crew finally got back from racing the course.  Might I remind you that Katie's shirt used to be pink. DIRTY!!

 Tommy thought dirty dada was hilarious!

 I absolutely love this picture.  I wish it was in focus.  Wyatt is wearing the Warrior Dash hat and Tommy does not understand.  Too funny!

 The racers were pleased when the band came back on a little while after they were done racing.  Tommy wanted to get up close.  He was a big fan!

 The sun was pretty bright that day.  Tommy needed some shades so he borrowed dada's.  Awww.
I obviously love this picture because of Tommy's smile but it was also one of the the only ones I got with all 3 kids in it at once.  Too bad only Tommy was looking. :-)
 The race was outside of Crawfordsville and we did not make it back to the bustling city before Tommy crashed out.  He was SOOO tired (probably from all that running, you think?).

 After the race, we went back to Kevin and Susan's for food and fun.  We got to meet Hattie, Wyatt's cousin.  My phone had 1% battery life left when I took this picture.  Darn it.  She's such a cutie. I wish I would have been able to get more.

 I did get a quick pic of the boys holding still for a minute.  Heehee! What cutie pies.
 It was getting awful late but I somehow convinced them to get one more pic holding still.

 Then it was time to play Roll the Ottoman.  This ottoman was quite possibly the coolest toy slash footstool ever.  It had wheels and they would each get on it and push each other across the room.  That thing would FLY!

Can you imagine the trouble these two will make when they get older?? :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...