Sunday, August 5, 2012

Jack's Band Concert

I'm WAAAYYYY behind on posts.  This post is probably 3+ weeks late. But better late than never I guess? 
Anyway, back in July, we went to Jack's (my nephew's) band concert.  It was at Jeff High School.  Jack plays the saxamophone.  :-) (Yes, that's a Homer Simpson reference.)

 It's always awesome to go to a school band concert when the school has an amazing music program.  This is one of those schools.

 We can't post anything on this blog without posting about Tommy.  So let's talk about what Tommy did during the concert. He listened for a bit and then had many of my family members chase after him.  This is Desi's turn.

 This is my favorite picture of the night.  Look at his face! He finally saw us waving from the balcony and waved back.  He's totally embarrassed but totally not.  I love it.  Yay Family!

 Jack had a solo!!! We got there in time to see it and take a picture but I didn't think to take a video.  Duh.  But at least I got a pic.  He got to make it up! He made up his own solo.  That is awesome. What a talented duderino!

 It got a little late and Tommy started to get tired.  Better take a quick snoozer on grandpa.

 Just kidding! Let's go run around the gym some more!

Then let's run around the hallways! Whoo hoo! Party time!

 Check out this band.  This is only 2/3rds of the band for the middle school.  Crazy right? There was another section that I couldn't fit into the picture.  What the what? That's huge!

They also sound amazing!

My teeny little middle school band did not sound that good.  In fact, even our high school band didn't sound that good.  Dang Gina! You middle schoolers are talented!

My favorite part of the evening was seeing my dad's boat in the parking lot.  He had taken some friends out on the lake that afternoon and he came right from the lake, straight to Jeff High School pulling the boat behind him.  Too funny.

Congrats on your awesome solo Jack! Way to rock that saxamophone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...