Sunday, July 8, 2012

Pass the Mic 2012

So I hosted the Queen Contest again this year.  I don't know why I enjoy this so much.  Public speaking? Isn't that like the number one fear people have? Me too but it's an adrenaline rush and I love it.

Year three (Here's 2010 and 2011) for me hosting the show and this year was no different than the rest.  Lots of stalling practices and air conditioning jokes.  Fun stuff!

I didn't take any pictures of me this year but I did take pictures of what it looks like from where I'm standing at the podium.
 This was the night before the pageant.  We always do a dress rehearsal the night before.  I had to make it sneaky because I was supposed to be paying attention to my duties as MC.  But I snuck a pic anyway. :) You can see the "runway" if you will. You can also sort of see the bleachers in the back too.  This year the theme was Hollywood Glamour or something like that and the runway was actually a red carpet!

For some reason they had the ladies turn around on stage so I snapped a pic of their very pretty dresses.  They had some really cool dresses this year.  I know you're wondering and yes that is a camouflage dress with an orange underlay in the middle there.  Where do you find one of those?? Unique, that's for sure! :)

There isn't much in the paper yet but there will be more on Monday so I'll add the new link then.  But for now, this is what's in the paper, if you're interested.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...