Monday, June 11, 2012

A Weekend for the Ladies

This past weekend was my final weekend in a row away from Tommy.  I had plans to be away from him FOUR weekends in a row.  It was rough but it was just how everything was planned (Vegas, Indy 500, Christina's Wedding, Girl's Weekend).  So now it's all over but it ended with an epic weekend in Chicago with my college friends.  Yay!

 We started by drinking in the park! We were going to go to Oak Street beach but two very friendly police officers shut us down because we had a cooler of beer.  Better to be rejected than to have to pay for a drinking ticket, I guess. :)

 Holly's friend Sally left the beach and met us at the park because she knew where the REAL party was!

 Krissi was very happy to be back in her Sweet Home Chicago.

 After we had enough of the park, we got a cab back to Holly's place.

 This picture cracks me up because Maria was SO confused as to why she couldn't turn her head.  Turns out, Krissi was hungry.

 Holly was relegated to the front seat with the cab driver.

 You can see how she felt about it.

 When we got back, the girls showed me videos of their night karaoking the night before.  I missed out because I wanted to stay home with my boys instead.

After we did some maxing and relaxing, Maria and I made our way to the liquor store.  We decided NOT to go in because this man in the picture above, was screaming at the cashier.  The cashier called the police and they had a "talk" with him and sent him on his way.  What's funny about this is that Maria knew exactly who this guy was.  This man had just scammed her for money for a parking spot the night before.  He had a suitcase and a bag because, as he had told Maria the prior night, his wife had kicked him out of the house.  So the next time you're in Chicago and a homeless man named Ishmael tries to make you pay for a parking spot, you should probably realize that this is a scam. :)

 There goes Ishmael, looking for the next innocent person to scam... or maybe a new wife.

 We went to dinner at an amazing Mexican restaurant.  After dinner we came back to Holly's place to play games and drink.  We played the infamous party game that Adam and Steph taught me.  ALWAYS a crowd pleaser and it kept us from getting tired.  Sweet.

 There was also plenty of dancing to keep us awake too.

 There are so many pictures that just crack me up when I see them.  This is one of them.

 This is another.  That's a colander and the party game bowl.

 Here is another.  Holly decided to put on her cat ears, her cut off canadian tuxedo jacket and her David Bowie skirt and have an impromptu fashion show.  This is what 30 year old girls do when they drink.

 Then Krissi threw on the jacket and posed for her senior picture.

 The dance party continued until very late into the night.

 Holly's roommate was kind enough to go to the grocery and buy us the largest bottle of Jack Daniels I had ever seen.  She became the coolest girl EVER at this point.  Holly was the second coolest for attempting this feat in the picture.

 There's Joanne on the right! Yay for Joanne, Holly's awesome roommate and our new party pal.

 Once it got to be the wee hours of the morning, we decided to go out.  Because that's what you do when you turn 30... you go out when everyone else is already done partying.  We went to Sluggers.  Yeesh. We were much older than that crowd.  But we have fun where ever we go!

 After Sluggers, we went to the Dugout.  Yay for Angela coming out after she got her homework done.  It was so great to see her too.

 Here's another random ass picture from the evening.  Mandy is imitating the guy in the picture I believe.  Makes sense.
 Here's our first (partial) group picture of the weekend.  It took that long to get a group shot.

 Then we finally were able to drag Holly from her Hannah Montana dance party to come get in the group shot.

 Then when Joanne joined the picture, Holly decided that pictures were over and it was time to get back to drinking...
 Which completely cracked me and Joanne right up.  So maybe that's why it was so impossible to get a group shot.

Mandy found some confetti from a 50 year old's birthday party.  I believe this made her sad.

All in all, it was an awesome night.

The next morning, we went to Ann Sathers for breakfast.  I had the French Toast Fantasy.  It was incredible. Thanks Ang for taking us there.  What a perfect ending to an insanely awesome weekend.

I had such a wonderful time with you gals.  Here are a few things that I keep thinking about and laughing.
1.) Was it really a pirate or did you screw that up?
2.) You can say WORDS. This is not the acting out round.
3.) Huey Lewis... AND THE NEWS! and the WEATHER!
4.) Corky's girlfriend
5.) Bye Bye Bye
6.) She gave birth to you.... Krissi's mom? Someone really put Krissi's mom?
7.) I don't know who this is. Wilford Brimley?
8.) It's something that I always have on my face... A mustache??
9.) Sunny side up
10.) TUPAC!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

This post cracks me up...and I LOVE that game as well! :)

Lindsey said...

This post cracks me up!! :) :) :) and I love that game as well!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...