Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Christina's Wedding

My cousin Christina got married last weekend in Fort Myers, FL.  It was a whirlwind trip for me because I flew in on Thursday evening and flew back on Saturday morning.  But I was really glad to have be able to go.  We enjoyed ourselves.  

I missed her bachelorette party which looked like a lot of fun on Facebook. 

My aunt, my mom, my grandma and I all flew in Thursday evening and went to Cheeseburger in paradise for dinner. My aunt got a margarita with a face on it! 

I got Cheeseburger's version of a long island. It was big! 

The next morning we walked around the resort.  We saw this sign at the pool.  

 This is the boat where the reception was going to take place that evening.  Oh and a
pelican.
 This is a view of the resort from the pier. It was a beautiful resort.

Here are the flower girls for the wedding. Aww!


Christina's dad walked her down the aisle.


They had 9 attendants...

On each side!

They were married right by the pool.

 The rain held off just long enough for their ceremony.  It worked out perfectly.

You may now kiss the bride!

 Everything was so pretty! The flowers, dresses, scenery... it was lovely.

People were even watching from their hotel rooms! 

 It was starting to rain a little when we all made our way to the boat.


The decorations were pink and orange and beach-themed.


The place cards were in sand.  So cute.

 Christina and I haven't had a picture together in a long time! I love how we are dressed in exact opposites...


Since every picture we had growing up we were dressed exactly alike.  This picture was from her photo video.
I have a version of the picture too.  Aren't we just the cutest wanna-be sisters? Neither of us had sisters so it was nice we had each other.


Here's another one of my favorites from the video.  Love that big hair!
 The cake was really cute with a bride and groom on a motorcycle on top.

 What's funny about the wedding is that Christina married a guy I went to high school with.  She married a Rensselaerian! So I knew a lot of the people on each side.  I went to high school with the groom, the best man (giving his speech in the pic) and a few groomsmen.

 The father daughter dance was coordinated to the music.  We never knew Vince had such great dance moves! :)

 Then it was dance party time.  They played a lot of my favorites including Justin Timberlake and NSync which was awesome.

Aww, look at the happy couple.  Her dress was absolutely gorgeous! 

 She had her dress embroidered with her grandfather's initials, nickname and the date he passed away last year.


I got my boys a few things while I was in Florida but my favorite was a Sanibel Island shirt with a pirate on it.  It's a 2T so it's a little big but hopefully it's as cute as it looks on him.  (Of course it will be!)
I also got to FaceTime with Tommy Hawk while I was there. Instead of having Andrew FaceTime with Tommy, it was MY turn! He was hilarious as usual.  The trip was quick and fun but I was glad to come home to my boys.  :)

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

Next time there is JT & *NSync at a wedding, I'm there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...