Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rest in Peace Nathaniel Hornblower

Adam Yaunch also known as MCA from the Beastie Boys passed away on Friday.  He was 47.  The Beastie Boys are one of my favorite music acts OF ALL TIME.  Even Kanye copied the B-Boys.
That's Nathaniel Hornblower (Yaunch) interrupting R.E.M.'s acceptance speech for video of the year for Everybody Hurts.  That's right.  Everybody Hurts beat out Sabotage.  Spit-take WHAAAAA???

There have been some amazing articles published about his life here, here, here, and here. Did you know he was a beer-chugging feminist?  Great stuff.

So my tribute to one of my favorite musical men is a GIF. 
and some lyrics...

If you try to knock me you'll get mocked
I'll stir fry you in my wok
Your knees will start shaking and your fingers pop
Like a pinch on the neck from Mr. Spock

Well I got to keep it going keep it going full steam
Too sweet to be sour too nice to be mean
On the tough guy style I'm not too keen
To try to change the world I will plot and scheme

Born and bred, Brooklyn USA
They call me Adam Yaunch but I'm MCA
Like a lemon to a lime a lime to a lemon
I sip the def ale with all the fly women


RIP MCA

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

I grew up listening to them, so sad... But I was obsessed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...