Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend 2012

 Andrew was gone Friday night of Easter weekend so I packed up little Tommy Hawk (and pretty much EVERYTHING WE OWN) and headed to Rensselaer. 
 Tommy wasn't used to the longer ride in the car (since his ride to daycare is literally 5 minutes) but he enjoyed it nonetheless. 

 When we got there, Tommy enjoyed watching Grandpa mow the yard. 

 We spent the night.  This was the best and cutest possible face to wake up to the next morning.  Look at that crazy hair!

 Just kidding.  His hair gets crazier! A mowhawk for Tommy Hawk! He was not excited about getting his picture taken. 

 Side view! He knows he looks good!

 Even though I brought almost everything in our house, I did not remember any bath toys so we had to improvise.  Measuring cups and shampoo bottles did the trick. 

Saturday morning I went to my friend's wedding shower.  I got to see some of my high school friends.  It was fantastic to catch up with them.

 There's the happy bride and groom! It was great to meet her future husband.  Can't wait for the wedding this summer!

 While I was at the shower, Tommy spent some quality time with the pedal firetruck.  His legs aren't quite long enough to reach the pedals but he LOVED pushing it around in circles.  So cute. 

 Then came Easter morning... and Tommy got his first Easter basket! What do you get the kid who can't have candy?? Cheerios, of course! They came in super handy during church until I spilled them all over the floor.  Whoops.

Then we had our Easter meal.  I tried to get creative with the deviled eggs. 
 I saw this picture on Pinterest and I thought I'd give it a try... 

 NAILED IT.  Haha! They got a little melty.  They look like little melting yellow Popes.  Poor things. 

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

You are amazing and honestly Popes seem a little bit more appropriate for Easter anyways. I mean where did Jesus encounter a bunny & eggs?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...