Monday, December 12, 2011

Tommy's Grover Party!! Part One

As you know, Tommy loves Grover.  So we threw him a Grover Birthday Party.  

Now everyone knows who Elmo is.  But not as many people know who Grover is.  If you google Grover Party Decorations, you will see that I can get a banner and a stuffed doll.  That's about it.  Such a bummer. But never fear! SUPER GROVER IS HERE! Actually Super Mom just decided to make her own dang decorations.  It's not hard to cut out Grover faces out of construction paper.  I even did it free hand.  I just worked on it a little each night while we watched tv.    
 So here are the big Grover heads.

 And here are the little ones.

I also had a super special shirt made for Tommy to wear to his Grover party.  Oh Etsy, how I love thee! If you're interested, this shop owner was wonderful to work with, did an awesome job and makes other characters.  You might have to check her out.  

So on the day of the party, we hung up all the Grover stuff and VIOLA! A Grover Party! It's really just that simple! :) HA! 
 We have an ugly hanging light in our kitchen that we covered with Grovers.  We also hung pictures by red and blue yarn in the windows.


 Everything was red and blue.  We had red and blue balloons. Grovers were hanging from everywhere.

There were even Grovers in the guest bathroom.  Friend and fellow blogger Ashley said, "Did you seriously tie yarn around the toilet paper rolls?"  I said, "Seriously."  I had a lot of yarn! I had to try to use it somehow! :)

We had red and blue M&Ms (which are ridiculously expensive, WHY?).  Red and blue treat bags.

 I found a red and blue 1st birthday hat that Grover wore most of the time.
 We even had Grover cupcakes! I used French Vanilla jelly beans for the eyes with a dot of black frosting, pink sixlets for the nose, and Christmas oreos for the mouth.
They were a big (ridiculously messy) hit!

 I hung his monthly milestone pictures in the window with yarn.

 Since there were several games on that day that guests wanted to watch, I also hung Sports themed pictures over the tv.

Look at our handsome little man in his Grover T-shirt.  Could he be any cuter? 

Stayed tuned for more details on the party! Part Two to follow soon.  

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

Seriously did you really??
Ha, loved it, best party decorations yet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...