Sunday, December 11, 2011

Jack Turns Two!

Jack turned two last weekend and we were invited to his Super Awesome Pool Party! The party was in Plainfield at this place called Splash Island.  It was sooo cool! It is owned by Plainfield Parks and Rec.  It's basically a HUGE rec center.  It has a huge gymnasium and a running track above it. It has an indoor AND outdoor water park.  It's quite a facility.  I would love to have something like that in my city.

So now that I also have a child with a winter birthday, I appreciated the pool party idea.  I wasn't too excited about getting in a swimsuit at this time of year but it was worth it for the kiddos.

 Tommy wasn't quite sure what to think of this pool experience.

He warmed up to it pretty quick.  What a cutie!

 Did I mention they had a lazy river? This place had EVERYTHING.

 Including a basketball hoop.  Tommy saw this from a mile away.  He was pointing and yelling "BALL BALL!" (which is his way of saying, Hey Mom and Dad, I would like to point out that there is a basketball hoop and basketball right over there and I would like you to take me there so that I may play with it. RIGHT NOW.)

 He literally had a BALL.  He loved it.  He picked up on the whole basketball goes in the hoop game immediately.

 He also picked up on the slam-dunk-one-arm-hang very quickly.

He really had a wonderful time.  He didn't get any pool time this summer since we were busy moving and being temporarily displaced.  But he made up for it at this party.

 See what I mean?

 He didn't want to let go!

 This picture cracks me up.  He got a little ahead of himself with grabbing on the rim and the ball came back and smushed him in the face.  Whoops!  Don't worry, he was too busy to be upset.

 Tommy's friend Emily (you may remember her from this party) decided she wanted to play too.

 She didn't want to let go either!

 Here's birthday boy Jack!! This guy knows how to have a good time!!

 We had a little room off to the side to eat food and cake.

 Look at all that red icing!!

 Um, why so serious???

 Look at this kid! Hilarious! He's going for that Phantom of the Opera look I think.

We had an awesome time.  Happiest of birthdays, Jack!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...