Sunday, October 23, 2011

On to Daycare Number 4...

So we got Tommy's daycare picture just in time for us to switch daycares.  Check it out.

 He was a litte afraid of the giant light the photographer used so instead of smiling, he gave some fish lips.  Too funny.

Check out the super cute class pic.  I have no idea how they got all the kids to look at the camera at once and not scream bloody murder.  I'm sure photoshop was involved.  Sorry to make the teachers look so dang scary.  Yellow faces provided to protect the innocent.  :)

Anyway, tomorrow morning Tommy starts the 4th daycare in his first year of life.  (Just a note: I do not suggest doing this.)  The Thornburgs apparently like to do things in multiples.  Three houses in five years, four daycares in one year...

Why four daycares, you ask? Well the first daycare was the only one that we trusted that was taking babies.  It was a decent daycare but really expensive and really out of the way in downtown South Bend.  It was also a little "corporate".  Tommy went there for the first month when I went back to work until a spot opened up in a daycare by our house.  This daycare was also okay (no daycare is going to be perfect).  But I didn't like how they put babies to sleep on their tummies.  I thought everyone knew the "back to sleep" thing.  Apparently not.  So then when we moved into our temporary quarters in Renssy and I started him at a daycare in the town where I worked.  Neither Andrew nor I liked this daycare but we really didn't have any other choice.  The very first day they gave him one bottle at 10 am and then never fed him again all day.  Tommy was actually just fine when I picked him up (he's quite resilient) but are you kidding me???? No one thought to feed him again? I brought THREE BOTTLES!! There were many other problems that we had with this daycare.  I don't have time to list them all (here's a short list: didn't lock the front door, shoddy outlet covers, not wanting to deal with a breastfed baby, stopped making him nap in the afternoon, they moved the baby room 3 different times while he was there, a different afternoon person every couple weeks, the list keeps going on and on).  But on his last day, Andrew picks him up.  On his little report card, there were a couple sentences written at the bottom.  Andrew didn't look too closely at the time because he figured that they wrote something like it was nice having him here.  Well when he finally read the note...
They fed him EGGS on his last day!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? If you read any piece of baby literature, it says no eggs until the baby is over a year.  Plus with his eczema and his vomiting issues, WHY would they think that is a good idea??  So thank heaven for the new daycare.  I had been scrambling since we bought our house trying to get into a daycare that I liked in our area.  I found one that had a waiting list.  Then I found another one that took babies at around 12 months.  Tommy and I toured the place and we loved it.  It was clean, safe, bright, happy, the teachers are great with the kids, they have a curriculum (first words, standing/walking), they are organized. Tommy liked it because they played ball with him. :-) It is just night and day from the old place.  We are so excited for him to start tomorrow.  I still have the normal parental anxieties (plus I think he's starting to get more teeth, yikes) but I think this place is going to be great.  Oh and yes, they could take him at 10 months because he's already very mobile.  HOORAY!!

So wish Tommy luck tomorrow as he starts at his new school.  Hope you love it, Thomasaurus!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...