Sunday, October 16, 2011

10 Months!

Tommy is 10 months old!! Are you kidding me? Where has the time gone? He's almost a year old! It's mind boggling. 
I got him to sit on the couch for just a second.  He did smile but he already had his eye on doing something else.  That something else? Diving off the couch.  The child has no fear.  :)

So what's new with Thomasaurus?
 He's talking... a lot.  He can say G sounds and C sounds which is pretty cool.
 But like all new tricks, watch out.  He's going to do it constantly.  He says "GA!" and "CAW!" first thing in the morning, all day long and even before bed.
He also likes to finish the word Caw with the same letter that it begins with.  That proves to be embarrassing in public situations because it turns into a dirty word.  We try to pass it off as Duck or Quack but people are not fooled. :-)

 He crawls so fast.  He flies!
 Especially when chasing after his new car!
 He still makes the same fart noises with his mouth (and of course sometimes without his mouth).
Fish lips are still fun for him too.

 He pulls himself up on everything. I am waiting patiently for him to figure out he can walk.  I thought I saw him the other day try to take a few steps without the couch for help.  But he went down too quickly for me to be able to tell.
I love this picture.  He looks like such a hipster model.  Does Urban Outfitters need a baby line? He's your man, baby. (He's not a "manbaby", but do feel free to spend some time on that website.  A little creepy but funny.)

-He still likes to take off his socks.  That definitely hasn't changed.  

-I think he's starting to actually say Mama to me.  It's more like Mumum but I think he gets the idea.  He also says "I-dada" every once in a great while.  I think that would be my fault.  Every time we walk into a room where Andrew is, I make him wave and I say, "Say Hi Dada!" But that could be all in my mind. :-) After the dirty word incident (that cannot be our fault! we don't go around saying that word for fun! I have no idea where he got it!), we tried to get him to change it to GA!, which then changed to GO!  That's a lot more appropriate and fun. :-) 

-He's still got only 4 teeth but I think we might be moving into another round of teething as we speak. 

-He's still having issues with an easy gag reflex.  He had a few more crazy vomiting incidents which were not fun.  We're not sure if he's allergic to dairy or if he just has an overactive gag reflex and we should just be really careful.  As of now, we no longer feed him goldfish, yogurt melts, or beef and macaroni baby food.  They were all taken off the list after serious non-stop vomiting incidents.  Poor guy. :-(  He can't eat baby food and cheerios for the rest of his life!  
He'll be fine. I know, I know.  We just have to work on that gag reflex.  He'll get it.  

Let's see what else is new?? Oh did I mention he's still ridiculously cute? 
Happy 10 Month Birthday Tommy! How cool that it fell on 10-10-11!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...