Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Three M's and Their Little Boys

Sunday was a special treat for me.  I got to see two of my very best friends from high school that I love dearly and their two boys (who I now also love dearly!)  My friend Megan lives in Indy and since we moved to South Bend, I only get to see her about once a year at the annual Glover Christmas Party.  I got to meet her little boy shortly after he was born but I haven't seen him since.  My other friend Meeghan lives in New Mexico (but is moving to Nashville this fall!!) and I haven't seen her since shortly after her son was born and he's almost TWO! 

Meeghan was going to be in town from ABQ so we scheduled a mommy/baby play date luncheon type thing.  It was AWESOME!! It was SOOO good to see these girls.  

The play date started off a little rough.  Tommy wasn't there for maybe 5 minutes when he started barfing.  He choked on his phlegm when he coughed and just yakked and yakked and yakked.  I felt so awful. First of all, he retched all over himself in his really cute Polo shirt and all over the carpet at Megan's parents' house.  Then he scared himself and screamed and cried.  Then he fell down and cried again.  

I told the girls that it was just like how I used to party in college.  Scream, cry, fall down, and barf all over everything. :) 
So here is Tommy after the 'incident'.  (There's Jack in the background.  He knows to keep his distance.)

 As soon as Jack and Tommy sat by each other, I told Ray to go over and sit by them so I could start being a photo hog.  Poor kids.  But you can tell, they are used to getting their pictures taken.  But DUH! They're so dang cute, of course they're going to have their pictures taken paparazzo style.

But Tommy always wants me to get a close up of him.

 The boys had a great time playing together especially with that ottoman.  It was the perfect height for the boys to pull themselves up.

 But Little Ray was always King of the Hill and rightly so. :)

 So here are the three M's and their boys.  Morgan, Megan, Meeghan with Tommy the Tank, Jackman, and Lil Ray the Rooster.  (I just realized the similarities between these boys.  Tommy and Jack were named after their grandpas and Ray was named after his daddy! Aww!)
In the last picture, Tommy and Jack were paying attention to Ray but in this one they're like "When can we get down?"

 Awww! Look at Ray Jr.  So cute! He's going to be a big brother to a little boy in January!

Here's Jack! Blue-eyed, blonde haired boy.  Looks just like his daddy!

Look at Tommy T.  The girls were telling me that they thought he looked like Andrew.  I didn't realize until I saw this picture that they are RIGHT!
JUST like him!!! WOWZERS! A mini Drewfus!

 Awww Tommy and Jack exchanging pleasantries. :)

 Oh the trouble we used to cause.  Now we're trying to keep our boys out of trouble.  :)

 But they're such good boys.  They don't need any help.  Look at Ray and Tommy hugging.  So cute!

 It was so hard to say goodbye (Boyz II Men anyone?) but the boys were getting fussy.  It was definitely nap time.
Tommy had fallen asleep by the time he reached Bunkum Road (that only means something if you're from Renssy).  He was TIRED!  That play date really pooped him out.  He took an excellent nap when we got home.

It was so good to see those girls, especially with their boys.  It's so cool to see my friends become parents.  I hope I get to see them more often.  My favorite quote of the day, "I ain't afraid to dish out a whoopin'!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...