Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Five Years Came and Went!

(Every time I begin to write a blog post, I do a quick Google search for inspiration.  I searched for "5 year" and found THIS.  You might want to take this quiz yourself.  I found out I can take on 18 five year olds at a time. Good to know in case I ever come across a pack of wild 5 year olds.)


So I missed blogging about our anniversary by over 3 weeks.  Whoops.  But it turns out, we've got a lot of stuff going on right now.  May 27th was on a Friday this year.  Can you believe we've been married for FIVE YEARS? What did we do, you ask? Well we were in Rensselaer so my parents watched Tommy and we went to The Pub and then went to see Bridesmaids.  Pretty sexy anniversary huh?  The prime rib at The Pub was AMAZEBALLS and Bridesmaids was ridiculously funny.  I knew I wanted to see it as soon as I saw this clip.
There were so many good lines but these were some of my favorites...


I'm gonna leave this [curtain] open! Cause... It's called civil rights. This is the '90s!


I cracked a blanket in half!


I just took a **** in the middle of the street. 


We laughed through the whole thing.  It was fantastic.  
So that was what we did for our five year anniversary. Plus going to the Indy 500 like we do every year. Nothing too impressive but we didn't really have time to do much else.  Once we move and the house sells, we'll definitely go out and celebrate in style.  I promise (because I know you're worried, ha!).  The 5 year anni is just too special.  I mean, the 5-year gift is WOOD because by that point they consider your marriage to be strong and durable like wood.  Romantic, right? 


So here's to The Thornburgs... 
Before there was Tommy, before there was Brian...
There was us.  
Two Purdue students who were good at thumbwrestling... (Nice Shadows Fall shirt, Morgz. We are YOUNG there!) 


Happy Anniversary Andrew!! Here's to 5 years of fun and great adventures. There's no one I'd rather spend it with! 


(Also here's last year's post if you would like to see the wedding clips again.)

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

Happy Anniversary (late) and you guys sure do look young, I dont even want to see pics of Grant & I from college, yikes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...