Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'll Paint Your Back Porch Red

(Name the movie referenced in the title)

This weekend we did some work on the house. We decided to paint our door red. I've wanted to do this for awhile. Our green door definitely left something to be desired. So we went to Menards (itch), got some advice from the paint guy and got to work.



We immediately regretted our decision after one coat. Because the green was so dark, it made the door look like something out of a horror movie. I think Carrie was standing in front of this door at prom or something. Just scary looking.




The second coat renewed our faith in the paint guy at Menards.




Tommy felt like waving in this picture.




Andrew put on the new kick plate and door knob. You can see we painted the sides white. What a complete and total improvement. We think so, anyway. What do you think?

THE OLD LOOK...
 Click for a better look... Where is that door anyway?
Those frames on the side windows used to white... I think.  Gross. 
WHY GREEN?????

THE NEW LOOK...
 It really "pops"! (And matches the flag. I LOVE AMERICA!)
 We painted the porch and the columns too. 
Yes, I'm waving in the picture.  Hi!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Shiela said...

Very nice. It's popalicious for sure. What a difference!

Unknown said...

Paint Your Wagon...hahaha!! Love the new red door. :)

Shiela said...

Okay. I googled "I'll paint your back door red" because I couldn't remember what movie it was, and guess what the first site that came up was. That's right. The Thornburgs. Freaky! You even beat out Ricky Bobby.

The Goldmans said...

I was going to say I think it looks very All American! Like Carrie Underwood should sing from your front porch

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...