Monday, March 14, 2011

The First Week

We survived our first week of Day Care.  I can't believe it's already over. Tommy seems to be really enjoying it now.  He was a little unsure at first but now he gets excited when I carry him in.  I think it's all the cool toys.
He's fully acclimated now with his little picture on his crib.  Such a photogenic little man.

That picture was taken on his first day.  He doesn't look so sure about things.

He's making friends.  Or I guess I should say, I'm getting to know all his roommates.  First there's Baby Bully.  She has a ridiculously long girly name for such a little stinker.  She is known for stealing other babies pacifiers and trying to climb into Tommy's carseat.  She always smiles and waves bye bye when I walk in the door.  I think she's secretly planning a Baby Revolt.

Then there's Sumo Baby.  She is the seriously the biggest baby I've ever seen.  Rolls upon rolls upon rolls.  She sits and just rocks back and forth.  The teacher will say "Are you rocking?" Sumo Baby will shake her head no and keep rocking.

Those are the only two I've gotten to know so far.

The teachers have really taken a liking to Tommy, I think.  I snuck in quietly one day last week to pick up Tommy.  I didn't want to wake up any sleeping babies (since Tommy took care of that on his first visit).  Miss J (no not the one from Top Model) was changing Tommy's diaper and singing to him.  The words are below and they are sung to the tune of Happy Birthday.

I'm gonna wii-iiipe yo' butt, I'm gonna wii-iiipe yo' butt.
Gotta wipe off the stiii-iink, so your butt won't be pink!

That absolutely cracked me up. He was cooing and talking back to her.  So cute.

Every day I get abnormally excited to go pick him up.  I love our little mirror for the car so I can see what he's up to while driving. Most of the time he's trying figure out how to get the buckles undone so he can escape and join the Baby Revolt.

He also gets a report card every day too.  On this day, he got an A+ in bowel movements.  It also tells me what kind of mood he's going to be in that night.  No naps=Cranky Pants.

Like for instance Saturday, he didn't nap all day.  So he either looked like this above, or he was balls to the wall screaming.  Fun times!

This week Tommy will be at day care full time.  There was a boy there this morning that I haven't seen before.  He was on Spring Break last week in Mexico.  Apparently he's very loud.  Can't wait to get to know Loud Baby and all the crazy partying he did in Cancun. :)  Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...