Monday, March 7, 2011

Back to Work

Today marked the first day of Tommy going to daycare.  I went back to work for a half day on Friday and Andrew got to have some father-son bonding time.  But today Tommy spent a half day in daycare.  Everyone said it would be harder on me than it would be on him.  Well EVERYONE, you were right.  Do you feel better now, EVERYONE? :)

I really had good feelings about it all last week so I didn't think I'd do too bad.  But I didn't even make it out of our neighborhood before I started thinking too much about it and tearing up while driving down the road.  I quickly regained composure and again thought I'd be okay. 

Nope. 
Look at that look.  I was about to leave.  Right before I took this picture, he stuck his bottom lip out.  I lost it.  He sticks his bottom lip out when he's about to cry.  But instead this time it was mommy who cried.  But he was fine.  He was smiling and happy. 

They put up a welcome sign for the newbie!
My absolute first thought was FRESH MEAT! But then I remembered that babies can't yell "fresh meat" nor have they ever seen Shawshank Redemption so Tommy would be just fine. 

I swear it was like I was moving him in to that place with all the stuff I had to bring.  Three outfits, blankets, diapers, wipes, a mobile, four bottles of milk, a pacifier, and a bunch of puppets doing karate (why karate? because you know, when someone calls Miss Piggy fat and she gets mad and goes HIIII-YAAH!).  Sorry I had to throw in the Stefan reference. 

Oh yeah, and we had to make a collage with pictures of his family for him to look at in his crib.  It was just like being back in college.  I waited until 11 o'clock last night to make it. 
Putting that aside, I think I did a decent job?
He'll remember us right? :-) There was a lot of pressure because the director was making fun of someone else's collage saying they put a picture of mom, dad and a flower.  I was like "What's wrong with that????"

So tomorrow is day 2.  Andrew is gone and I have to pack up all the crap by myself.  Luckily there's way less stuff to take since he's technically moved in now.  I'm doing half days all week and then next week I'm back to full time. 

Side note: I thought it was funny that my office was in the same exact condition I left it in.  It was like it was preserved kinda. :)  My date stamp even had the last date I was there. 
Awww, such a memorable day suffering through minor contractions during my committee meeting. Haha!

Hopefully Tommy naps better at daycare tomorrow.  He slept for about 20 minutes today.  He was in a foul mood all night because of the lack of sleep.  Poor baby.  Hopefully he'll do better tomorrow.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

The Goldmans said...

I was so ready to go back to work because Max was so colicky and wouldnt nap but I still cried for 2-3 weeks, it totally shocked me.

And Max never napped well at daycare, it just seemed like there was too much going on. I had just gotten him to 3 - 1 hour naps and they daycare went and messed it all up, go figure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...