Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Week at Grandma and Grandpa's

Tommy got to spend some time at Grandma Wilma and Grandpa Mike's house this week.  I was there too of course but as I've learned all too well... 'it's not about me anymore.'  :-)
The almost 2 hour drive went pretty well.  We got up early and headed out.  Tommy slept the whole way.  In fact, he even slept once we got there. 
Tired boy!

We had a fun week.  Everyone wanted to see Tommy so he had lots of visitors.  I didn't take that many pictures of all the visitors on Saturday because there were SOOO many.  But I did get a picture of his first visitor, Maria. 
 Of course I waited until the very end of the visit to take a picture and he was extremely hungry and losing his s**t. 
Awww! But at least he was good for the majority of time that Maria was there.  Thank goodness!

I also got a picture of my mom's friend Sue with Tommy T. 
He was the absolute perfect baby for her.  He has never been so good for someone EVER.  He cooed and kicked and then fell asleep in my arms while we were all talking.  He never does that either! Who woulda thought? He must have really liked her! :)

The funniest story of the week was Friday.  My mom had taken the day off work (luckily).  Tommy and I were just hanging out on the couch.  He was sitting on my lap when he filled his diaper.  Only he didn't really fill his diaper.  He kinda missed...
I didn't realize it at the time but he had shat all over my shirt AND my pants.  I yelled into the kitchen, "MOOOOMMMM, I need some help!" That poop was everywhere! It was down into the leg of his sleeper and all over me.  Blech.  So my mom helped me get him to the changing pad.  I started to change him but I wasn't prepared with a "Peepee Teepee".  He peed all over everything in the next picture...
He peed all over his changing pad, two outfits, three diapers, his wipes and the carpet.  There was pee everywhere!!! AND POOP! It was time to just stick that kid in the tub. 

He didn't know what to think of this new bathing experience.  (How many people have pictures of their kids with washcloths over their private parts?)

Not many people can say they have a picture of their kids with a Paint Star Modesty Patch though!!

Tommy ended up really enjoying his bath.  He liked being able to kick and splash the water. 

 He couldn't help but put his hand in the mouth of course. 

All clean! He was sad to be done with his bath.   Aww!

Since he was in Rensselaer near his guitar playing relatives, he wore lots of guitar outfits...

He wasn't always in a good mood while wearing them though...


Actually I think he's working on his rocker scream.  He's got the lungs for it! :)

Here are some other cute pictures from our little trip...

I was trying to catch up on the last season of Dexter (as you can see in the background- good ol' Quinn) but Tommy was providing running commentary. 

Here's Grandma and Tommy's naked butt.  I can't believe she changed his diaper on her Eddie Bauer blanket.  She must really like him. :)

I may look sweet but watch out... cuz mama said knock you ouuutttt!!

HAHA! Just kidding!!

2 comments:

Caitcrpdm said...

In the picture where he is screaming, he looks like my dad when yelling at the Boilers...

The Goldmans said...

Love the mama said knock you out pic...I have a hilarious poo on me story but its way to long to be typed out here.

I only had one 'really bad' episode so hopefully thats it for you too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...