Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Time is Here!

This year we decided NOT to creep on our neighbors Christmas lights and instead just celebrate our own. 

Andrew did a wonderful job of putting up the lights this year.  They look lovely!
Brian looks like a Christmas Ghost Dog in the doorway.  His eyes really glow. But like always, he wanted to be in the picture. 

We decided to get our decorations up early with the baby coming, so shortly after Thanksgiving we started decorating. 

We got a NEW Christmas tree from Menards.  Sooooo excited! I love it! I think it's perfect.  Our poor tree that we been using the past few years needed to be retired.  It was pre-lit and half the lights weren't working so we would pile on more lights and the poor thing was just overloaded. It was time to retire the poor guy. 
We got red, green and white lights which I love too and a new tree skirt.  So much fun! We chose to put our tree in our kitchen.  Is that weird?  It may sound weird but it really is the best place for it.

We stole a tradition from Travis and Katie in the past few years and we started collecting ornaments when we would travel places.  I took some pictures of some of my favorite ornaments that we've collected over the years. But we haven't been doing this very long so we don't have all that many.

The ornament on the left is from San Franciso when we visited Jake and Aditi in 2008.  Some woman on the street was selling them and she offered to personalize it for us.  It's Lombard Street, the curviest street in America! The ornament on the right is from Chicago from our babymoon
I think this ornament is so neat.  I got it at Disney World when I went with my grandma, aunt and mom in 2009.  Reminds me of Lady Gaga's gyroscope outfit

 We decided to get ornaments this year with our names on them. 
We also bought one more ornament with a fourth name on it and wrapped up the name part.  When we took all four up to the counter, I looked at all the names and said, "Wow, that's a bunch of boys names."  Haha!  But no, seriously, I get addressed as Mr. Thornburg in my letters and emails all the time.  I thought it was gaining popularity as a girl's name, dang it! Oh well.  So yes, we have decided on a first name.  The middle name will be a game time decision though. 

We've hung our stockings by the chimney with care.  These are our stockings from last year for Andrew, Brian and me.  We decided Baby T needed a stocking too. 
Aww, Baby T's stocking! How adorable is that? Don't worry, Baby T. We'll get you a grown up stocking when you arrive. So hurry up and get here!

4 comments:

CyndiPurdueMom4 said...

You taunt us with your paper wrapped ornament! LOL

The Goldmans said...

Looks great! I love Baby T's stocking, that is too cute :)

bk said...

How did you fit Nathan Explosion Thornburg on that little ornament?

Andrew said...

We are actually planning on William Murderface.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...