Wednesday, December 1, 2010

39 Weeks: "How ya feeling? Any news?"

 Nope.  No news.  Still at 1 cm but at least a little more thinned out.  She said 80% effaced this week at my doctor's appointment.  So I guess that's progress. 

 Brian sees Christmas coming...
and tries to escape.

I have to draw stuff over his eyes because occasionally his eyes flash green and I can't get the red eye corrector to take it off.  So I just draw on his eyes instead!

Time to check out what the websites say for 39 Weeks. 

Babycenter.com:
Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

Alphamom.com:
Your Baby: He is full-term, almost done, probably about a medium-well on the Burger Scale. He is about 20 inches long and over seven pounds, maybe, depends, who knows. (Seriously. No one knows. If you have an ultrasound this week or next, take the measurements and weight guesses with enough grains of salt to season a fresh batch of fries. Late-term ultrasounds are ridiculously imprecise, with a margin of error of up to TWO POUNDS in either direction.)
You: Oh, please. Like you need ME to tell you anything about what you’re going through at this point. I’m just gonna stand over here, out of your way, and maybe silently nudge this pint of ice cream on over to you.

ME: 
Ummm, yeah.  Am I done yet? Cuz I'm totally ready.  It takes several attempts to get a picture of me without a sexy double chin.  I continue to grow and gain weight even though "they" say I should probably stop gaining at this point.  His movements are sharper and actually caused me to yell out in pain this week at work.  A little embarrassing.  But he jabbed my bladder HARD.  What was THAT for, Baby T??? OUCH! Everyone and their brother is asking me how I'm feeling and if there's any news.  Even my parents! It's so hard to not get my hopes up.  Is it going to happen any time soon? I don't know.  Only he knows.  But it would be nice to know because I've got so much stuff going on at work right now!  Which brings me to segment I like to call:

Worst Times to Go Into Labor
Tomorrow I will be driving a team of people around to look at space to lease for a new office building... in someone's government car...in 30 degree weather.
If my water breaks, they may not give me a ride back to the office!! :) Who wants to clean someone's amniotic fluid out of their work car? Barf.   Not in MY job description!

So Baby T, if you're coming soon, try not to come at a time like that!

Makes for a good story though. 

Well anyway, that's all I have to complain about.  I'm just super excited/anxious/nervous for this child.  I think Andrew and Brian are too.  They jump at any odd movement from me.
What is it? What's wrong? Are you having the baby??
Oh, just wait.  You'll know when the time comes.  :)

Now for your weekly lessons...

 I would do that at this point, if it would make me go into labor.  ;) Jackhammer time!



Poor kid.  I would only do that to my dog. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...